Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sea Salt soak/rinse

Ethan Hemphill
@ethan-hemphill
12 years ago
6 posts

I am coming up on my 1 year mark for growing natural locks. (neglect method) I use Dr. Bronners soap to wash my hair about two times a week. I am acollegiate athlete so with practice and workouts comes sweat and grime. I have been doing some research and found that if i use a mixture of sea salt water it can improve the process. My question to you is how much sea salt do i add to one gallon of water? i would like to start doing this asap and about once a week. I am planning on uploading a video of my hair when they turn 1 year old and i would like them to look nice for the video (i have only one week left).

updated by @ethan-hemphill: 01/13/15 09:18:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

3.5% of the water volume

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ethan Hemphill
@ethan-hemphill
12 years ago
6 posts

ok cool. Thanks! does it help as much as i think it will. I think it was your video on youtube that said that a sea salt rinse will help the locking process.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it helps alot for sure

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ethan Hemphill
@ethan-hemphill
12 years ago
6 posts

great! when should i do the rinse? after i shower or during the middle of the week some time?

Beje
@beje
12 years ago
7 posts

I'd do the salt water rinse like a couple hours before showering. I don't think you really want salt in your hair for much longer because it has potential of damaging your scalp. Think of a beach day: you swim, relax, swim a little more... and then you head directly to the shower to rinse everything off. This is the same.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form