Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

flat dreads

dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
15 years ago
84 posts
hello all! so my dreads are about 2 and a half years old. When I first got them I would palm roll for roundnenss due to what others had suggested. I did this for about a year and then decided to let them do their thing. Let me first say, I do like the results of letting them do their thing. However, I have a bunch that are starting to go flat. It's kind of unappealing to me when most of them are (i dont mind a few). Anywho im rambling, I was wondering if there was anything I could do to roud em out. Also, I was wondering, is there a way I could prevent the new growth from flattening from maybe rubbing the roots (gently, not root rubbing.)? I know dreads will do what they want, and that's fine, but sometimes it's just a matter of slight preference is all.Thanks in advance!
updated by @dreaded-delusion: 01/13/15 08:28:11PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
how do u sleep on em?if they move when u sleep they should round but if u tie em and always lay on 1 side they go flatbeads will help somewhat

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
I forget who said it but there was someone who suggested using a tshirt (not sleeve but whole shirt) to make it so that your hair would sort of be laid out behind you when you slept. That sounds like it makes sense but I never tried it.
Brad
@brad
15 years ago
20 posts
it could be that you sections are rectangles rather than squares...when i started mine i jus grabbed chunks of hair and now alot of mine are flat jus cause the section at the root is a flat rectangle shape...other than that idk Charaxesdistanti said:
I never tie my hair back especially when I am sleeping I hate it. I don't know why mine are flat, I also move a lot during sleep.

soaringeagle said:
how do u sleep on em?
if they move when u sleep they should round but if u tie em and always lay on 1 side they go flat
beads will help somewhat
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
I have about 3 flat ones due to the way they formed and congo'd. Beads seem like the best bet if it really does bother you. Otherwise I'd say learn to love the elipse shape. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i like the flat ones

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Courtney J
@courtney-j
15 years ago
100 posts
I call them beaver tails. Mine are still changing a lot but I still have one or two.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form