Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Matted roots

Tinarama
@tinarama
12 years ago
20 posts
Hi folks! Happy new year :)So my new dreadies are coming along great, in just a couple of months the hair has started matting up pretty well and staying separated in the sections I had backcombed way at the beginning.My question is... The hair at the roots is also dreading up marvelously (no complaints there!) but some of them are growing into wide and strangely shaped clumps. I'm trying not to palm roll at all (it is a bad habit that I have from the last set of dreads that I had) so I want to let them do their thing.... But I'm curious- when these roots grow out, will they round out a little, or will I end up with some pretty big bumps in the same spot in all my dreads?It's amazing how easily hair dreads when you just let it... Last time around I spent so much time fussing with them and never could get the roots to dread, and now here I am, 2 months into my new "no maintenance" set and I can't KEEP the roots from matting!I've never been happier with my hair :)
updated by @tinarama: 01/13/15 09:16:23PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Some will straighten out. Some won't. It;s the nature of dreadlocks to do their own thing. You just have to wait and see. As you sleep on them, though, they wil get squished one way one night, and another way te other night. In the end, most of them will pretty much round out. I have one that is pretty flat t the root, but the rest is round. Only time will tell what they will do.

But really, those funny looking ones are most peoples favorites. They've got some spunk to them and a personality all of their own. We like toembrace the differences in each other, so why not pay the same respect to our locks?

Tinarama
@tinarama
12 years ago
20 posts
Thanks Baba! I really like the point you made about lovin the diversity of locks... I'll be patient and just wait to see how the beauties decide to dread :)Great encouragement man, thanks!!

Baba Fats said:

Some will straighten out. Some won't. It;s the nature of dreadlocks to do their own thing. You just have to wait and see. As you sleep on them, though, they wil get squished one way one night, and another way te other night. In the end, most of them will pretty much round out. I have one that is pretty flat t the root, but the rest is round. Only time will tell what they will do.

But really, those funny looking ones are most peoples favorites. They've got some spunk to them and a personality all of their own. We like toembrace the differences in each other, so why not pay the same respect to our locks?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form