Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

An idea I'd like to try with the baking soda wash

RSavage26
@rsavage26
12 years ago
50 posts

I love the baking soda /ACV rinse method. It cleans my scalp so well. The only thing I worry about is that when I pour it over my head from my bottle it's not distributing evenly over my scalp. Would it be possible to mix up the baking soda wash, put it in a spray bottle, and just spray it onto my hair? Will it still be as effective?

updated by @rsavage26: 02/14/15 08:40:55AM
Mowriyah Ysrayl
@mowriyah-ysrayl
12 years ago
26 posts

what i do is mix BS up in a small bowl and put a large bowl in the sink and pour the BS mixture over my dreads and let it catch in the large bowl then pour the BS mixture from the large bowl back in the small bowl and pour over my dreads again. here is a video of what im talking about.

Hope this helps peace....

http://youtu.be/NDgaw8YMH0w

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I've seen people just use the bottle and cover the tip with their thumb, so only some comes out at a time. Then you're not wasting any as it pours out. You can control how much and when it pours.

A buddy of mine does that for showers when we go to festivals. He uses that method to stay hydrated throughout the day too

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

spraybottle will be way worse then pouring it on it wont soak them it wont penetrate it will just sit on the surface barely damp

just opour it on its fine if your worried yoir not soaking the scalp with 1 cup make 3 cups

make enough to soak em completelty thats all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That's always an option too

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

i do the same thing as mowriyah.

RSavage26
@rsavage26
12 years ago
50 posts

I like that guys videos. His dreads are so beautiful. I might try your method Mowriyah in the future (his bowls look like cooking bowls and I don't have easy access to those right now) but for now I'm going to just limit how much comes out with my thumb like how Baba Fats recommended. Thanks everyone; now I don't know have to go searching for a used spray bottle. :D

Mowriyah Ysrayl said:

what i do is mix BS up in a small bowl and put a large bowl in the sink and pour the BS mixture over my dreads and let it catch in the large bowl then pour the BS mixture from the large bowl back in the small bowl and pour over my dreads again. here is a video of what im talking about.

Mowriyah Ysrayl
@mowriyah-ysrayl
12 years ago
26 posts

yea that guy in the video is a chef. but you can find some cheap big plastic bowls at walmart, kmart or some place like that. I use 2 plastic bowls, some times a glass jar for pouring and large plastic bowl for catching.

RSavage26 said:

I like that guys videos. His dreads are so beautiful. I might try your method Mowriyah in the future (his bowls look like cooking bowls and I don't have easy access to those right now) but for now I'm going to just limit how much comes out with my thumb like how Baba Fats recommended. Thanks everyone; now I don't know have to go searching for a used spray bottle. :D

Mowriyah Ysrayl said:

RSavage26
@rsavage26
12 years ago
50 posts

Yeah. I always rinse out between 10-20 minutes because I wash weekly. I would do it more often but because of my hair type I fear that washing more than once a week would mess up my hair.

Lou Cottle said:

i'm wondering if it would cause build up. are you planning on rinsing it out after letting it set?

RSavage26
@rsavage26
12 years ago
50 posts

Okay, so I tried the bowl method. It worked well, but I had one major problem. I kept getting the BS mixture into my eyes. You know a way to keep that from happening because I'm thinking of wearing my lab goggles while washing my hair.

Mowriyah Ysrayl said:

yea that guy in the video is a chef. but you can find some cheap big plastic bowls at walmart, kmart or some place like that. I use 2 plastic bowls, some times a glass jar for pouring and large plastic bowl for catching.

RSavage26 said:

Mowriyah Ysrayl said:

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form