Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Loopies Forever?

Cricketine
@cricketine
13 years ago
14 posts

I love my dreadies but the loopies are killing me! I have read the posts about said loopies but I have yet to see anything about them relaxing or are they there forever. How about ways to loosen them or at least make them look a bit... not so kinky?

I see many pictures on here with practically poker straight dreads and I also hear that just about everyone got the kinkies during the first year. So..... any help to answer these questions?

Also.... I know I should just embrace the kinkies and move on, and I would but I do have a job that requires me to keep tidy hair.

Oh, and six months of palm rolling experience tells me it doesn't do shit ;)

updated by @cricketine: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Tinarama
@tinarama
13 years ago
20 posts
The last time I had dreads, the loopies went away as long as they were in non-matured/matted hair... The bumps that lasted when the hair was fully dreaded didn't go away but one dread in particular was totally nutty so I wrapped it in hemp and 2 months later when unwrapped it was much smoother :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

almost all loopies get sucked in and disapear becoming just ..texture lumps bumps

a few will stick aro8uund especialy near the tips

im betting your being paranoid about the job and thwy wont care about a few loops

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rachel Guthrie
@rachel-guthrie
12 years ago
36 posts

i was wondering the same thing!

Cricketine
@cricketine
12 years ago
14 posts

I dont mind them, other than the fact that my hair is getting shorter! My boss did ask me if there was something I could do to make it look better. I just resorted to wearing it up while at work and it seems to be just fine with them (I work for the school district here :)

Thank you so much for the replies.... I had a feeling it would be just a "sucked in" thing!

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
12 years ago
411 posts

I'm over a year in and still have some crazy loopies, like insane but I have curly hair and expected it to take longer to "suck in" and I'm also very aware they may never be completely straight since I have such kinky hair lol

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form