Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Tea tree oil and baking soda?

Star Mercer
@star-mercer
13 years ago
34 posts

I know tea tree oil is good for dreads. I tried it for the first time today. I normally wash with baking soda and did the same today, just added just a hint of oil.

Now, I'm not sure if I rinsed good or what, but this time, my hair feels oily. LikeI used shampoo but didn't wash it all the way out and it dried. Is it always going to feel like this after a BS/Tea Tree oil wash or should I just try to rinse it out again?

updated by @star-mercer: 08/22/21 09:51:39PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

how many drops did u use and are u 100% sure it was teatree eseential oil not any other type mislabled as esential oil? cause u would hbave to use way way way too much to feel anything at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Star Mercer
@star-mercer
13 years ago
34 posts

I didn't measure it, honestly. It wasn't a whole lot, but it was probably more than a drop(which is what I've heard to use). It was 100% but it's very possible I used too much. Will it damage my dreads? If I rinse again will it come out?

Lucas Tucas
@lucas-tucas
13 years ago
18 posts

I never have problems with tea tree oil and baking soda, and i wash with this allways

I put like 6 drops of tea tree

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i put 10 drops teatree and 30-50 of 6 other oils and never had an issi=ue thats why i wonder if it was essential oil or not ofcourse thats in over a gallon 10 drops in a cutp is way too much

is the bottle a dark brown with a built in dropper top?

it should be very east to rinse out yea

--
Star Mercer
@star-mercer
13 years ago
34 posts

it is dark browm, but not a dropper top. I looked at the ingredients and it is just tea tree oil. My mom is a pharmacist and its something she got from her work. I ended up rinsing my hair out with cold water again last night and it feels a little better today. Still doesn't feel normal. It almost feels sticky... :|

Star Mercer
@star-mercer
13 years ago
34 posts

They are nohere near mature yet, so they are almost to the middle of my back. They still have alot more shrinking to do though. But, yes, I don't have epic, awesome dreads like SE. :) Thanks guys! <3

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

teatree oil but not teatree esential oil esentialk oils should have a dropper built into the bottle so it only comes out a drop at a time

aromatherapy scented and even tinctures are often passed off as essential oils but arent

its all in how the oils are processed

id order some here

mountain rose herbs

and when you do make sure your ordering from the essential oils section as they have aromatherapy oils as well so be sure it says essential oils

Star Mercer said:

it is dark browm, but not a dropper top. I looked at the ingredients and it is just tea tree oil. My mom is a pharmacist and its something she got from her work. I ended up rinsing my hair out with cold water again last night and it feels a little better today. Still doesn't feel normal. It almost feels sticky... :|

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form