Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadful Greasy Kitchen

Ryan Bermingham
@ryan-bermingham
13 years ago
6 posts

Hey so i have seen some previous posts discussing and issue quite similar to mine just thought i would post to see if i could get more specific help. So i work in an ultra grease filled kitchen 5 days a week and i am planning on starting my dreads in about a month after nearly a year of debate i have decided it is time. My plan is have them sectioned off and back combed and then for an initial 1-3 months not wash them. I see great debate/controversy over how quickly and how often immature dreads are to be washed. My friend and my brother both have or had them and i felt as thought back combing combined with not washing for a couple months seemed to do them well. My issue is the fact that i will be working in this kitchen quite often and i was wondering what my best form of action would be. I've seen it posted to cover them with plastic then wrap them that makes alot of sense to me but even so it may not do the trick how long should I wait to wash my new dreads and from that point how often should i regularly wash factoring in that they will be exposed to extreme amounts of grease regularly. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies, this website is the shit haha.

updated by @ryan-bermingham: 01/13/15 09:15:20PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

your bro and freind arent too smart u wabt to wash them washing helps them dread wash 1-3 times a week every ween]k from day 1 and if yyour bro and freind used wax thats extra gross

why would u not wash for months? gross

dont bother backcombiong just wash and it dreads washing is the only thing u do need to do to dread

and if u must start em use twist n rip not backcomv\b

and for gods sake wash your dreads

if u cover them and wash them your fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ryan Bermingham
@ryan-bermingham
13 years ago
6 posts

Do u recommend i use the bs soak Ive seen on here to wash them ? and why would u recommend twist n rip instead of backcombing ?? Thank you for the help

soaring eagle said:

your bro and freind arent too smart u wabt to wash them washing helps them dread wash 1-3 times a week every ween]k from day 1 and if yyour bro and freind used wax thats extra gross

dont bother backcombiong just wash and it dreads washing is the only thing u do need to do to dread

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea the bs is a great option if its not removing the gewase enough then try the www.dreadlockshampoo.com

backcomb does a fair amount of peermenant damage and is less effectu=ive and looks rediculouse at 1st twist and rips gentler better and looks better

i recomend natural aka neglect above aklkl others tho just wash and let it dread

the simple ways the best way the leass force the better

bacxkcomb combes the hair shaft against the grain prying open the ciuticles permenattnl sdo thry lno longer function and its agressu=ive often ripping hair out at the roots

the gentler u are the better and nothings more gentle then doing nothing

Ryan Bermingham said:

Do u recommend i use the bs soak Ive seen on here to wash them ? and why would u recommend twist n rip instead of backcombing ?? Thank you for the help

soaring eagle said:

--
Ryan Bermingham
@ryan-bermingham
13 years ago
6 posts

Really appreciate all the help i really don't wanna go the natural dreads just because i wanna be able to control the size of them my one friend did natural and some were okay some were shitty and one was massive compared to the others like not cool either looked shitty. I have never really looked into twist n rip i thought backcombing or neglect were the best route for my hair, and i just didn't see a ton of good reviews on it but i will definitely take a look and assess my options thanks again for all the help

soaring eagle said:

yea the bs is a great option if its not removing the gewase enough then try the www.dreadlockshampoo.com

backcomb does a fair amount of peermenant damage and is less effectu=ive and looks rediculouse at 1st twist and rips gentler better and looks better

i recomend natural aka neglect above aklkl others tho just wash and let it dread

the simple ways the best way the leass force the better

bacxkcomb combes the hair shaft against the grain prying open the ciuticles permenattnl sdo thry lno longer function and its agressu=ive often ripping hair out at the roots

the gentler u are the better and nothings more gentle then doing nothing

Ryan Bermingham said:

soaring eagle said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

your freind didnt seperate neglect is the best way by far unless yoir drunk all the time and never seperate but then again that will happen to any dreads that arent seperated

mine are natural and id never go any other way

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form