Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Stop pulling them out!!

TieDyedSoul
@tiedyedsoul
11 years ago
70 posts

I wrap mine in yarn or string. I also always had a nervous habit of constantly playing with my hair that made me shed more then usual. so that helps me not yank on my hair. I would suggest thinking of something else then you will forget about your hair.

updated by @tiedyedsoul: 07/23/15 05:20:06PM
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

Roots roots everywhere I look..... As of last month. Now not so much.

Used to drive me crazy. Now as they mature they've gotten sucked in and it doesn't bother me nearly as much. I can't keep my hands off my hair, either. lol I like how soft my locks are. Crazy bumpy lumpy and soft.

ღHippie Loveღ
@hippie-love
11 years ago
80 posts

Oh, I have the same problem too, but I'm on week 14 so it's not so bad now. It will get better as time goes by.

Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
11 years ago
122 posts
Mine are definitely not as prominent anymore. Back when I posted, the follicle ones were hanging down further than the rest of my hair. Now they've been sucked up and I can't see them unless I look closely. I love how bumpy squishy mine are too!
Rachel NattyDee
@rachel-nattydee
11 years ago
53 posts

I have millions of these little bits of white skin around my roots. I might have to wrap up my hair at work now because people that don't know what they're looking at think I have lice!

I'm guessing there isn't anything that you can do to get rid of them without harming your dreads? Maybe I'll try henna...

Oh well, at least they will eventually get sucked in.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

If I noticed just a few sticking out of my dreads and it is clearly the hair follicle, then, if I could safely snip that tip off with sharp scissors, then I would. If it sticks out further, then why not snip the white tip off. I am sure that other members will disagree with that, but anyways, yeah, that is what I would do with the ones that were bothering me, the rest I wouldn't give a shit about. No hair pulling out, which is a no no, but just a little snip. My hair is speckled with gray, so hair follicles are not noticeable to me, but I can understand how it would bother some of you,...But as others say "they will get sucked in". I find the entire journey a wonderfully huge fastening experience to see what Caucasian hair can do....Peace

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form