Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

mature maintenance

Chad Green
@chad-green
15 years ago
1 posts
i've had my dreads for over a year and was wounderin about lockin the new growth into the dreads without crochetin n stuff i do the scalp rubbin and palm rollin but it doesn't seem to help. i still have loose hairs everywhere PLEASE HELP!!
updated by @chad-green: 01/13/15 08:27:50PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
stop it allnone of that crap does ya any good only harmloose hairs are mewant to be there to protect the scalp from sunburn, when they hget to enough length they either join dreads or form baby dreadsbut all thast crap only causes harm dammage and weakens them, ..crocheting worse of all creates loose hairs by breaking hairsbut just ripping to prevent congos cause that scalp fuzz which then becomes a never ending source of baby dreads (that can become congos if u let em)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
You may be making more hairs loose than helping with the palm rolling and root rubbing.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts

that was me last yearin julybetween june of last year and today total maintenance i did was wash emand maybe ripped just 3 or 4 that were congoing with already thicker congos..basicly zero maintenance in 15 months..did get alotta congos in that time tho but none too crazyi have never ever palm rolled crocheted rubbed anything or really did much except wash and rip to prevent congosthat is all the maintenance dreads should requireread up around here you'll find most of what ya call maintenance is eather useless or harmfull

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
carolanne costantino
@carolanne-costantino
14 years ago
2 posts
okay so i need a little piece of advice. i did a LITTLE root rubbing last night...lightly. which i havent done in almost a year. i did it because i have quite a few skinny dreads, and their roots were really..just not locking, so i feel like i gave them a little nudge. i dont plan to do it for another year or so haha, but i was wondering if anyone could give me any feedback. it seems the fatter dreads i have dont have as much trouble locking up at the roots, patience paid off, slowly but surely..yes they dread..but the skinny ones are really...really stubborn. any advice would be great. thanks lots.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what do u mean theyre not locking? ofcourse they are locking ot yourd have 8 inches unlockedu just nitice what 1/2 inch unlocked?its normalstop rubbingthey are locking

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form