dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Threads, Wraps, String...

HippyFish
@hippyfish
13 years ago
76 posts

Hellow fello dreaders,

I'm curious about the dread wrapping... I've read different discussions on here about the different types of wrapping (long term, short term, hemp, string), but I'm wondering when the acceptable time to begin doing this is without possibility of damaging dread progress... must I wait till they are full on mature??

Also, if someone could steer me in the right direction via link or video on "visual" examples of how they are done that would be super awesome.

Thanks, peace all

updated by @hippyfish: 01/13/15 09:11:09PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well can be done anytime buyt if done early might make the dread real thin and straight (thicker above it as it growes

a new member last night said the spiral knotted types called a chinese staircase so search youtube for that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
HippyFish
@hippyfish
13 years ago
76 posts

Thats what I was afraid of was being too thin, which is what I don't want since my hair already is super thin. I want to give mine every opportunity to be nice n plump.

Since I'm only at 5 weeks, I know that would def be too early... do you think like a 5 or 6 month mark would be good for my type of hair?

I'll search youtube, thanks SE

HippyFish
@hippyfish
13 years ago
76 posts

Cool that gives me a better idea on time frame and difference of what to expect with wrap type.

Thanks Lauren

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

just curious how long were you leaving the wraps in?

Lauren Halsall said:

I wrapped a few of mine early and a few late the ones i did wrap are my longest because it prevented shrinkage so i'd wait till they do start and thicken before you do unless you don't mind some being thinner i wrapped one of mine fully (like a braid) and that is super thin but the ones i criss crossed have still looped and things where the gaps were :) i waited for about 4 months till i wrapped mine

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form