Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Partial Dreading

Kris2
@kris2
13 years ago
43 posts

Heres my little issue, my dreads are coming up on 10 months soon, but the all of them aren't dreaded by halfway. What i mean by that is my roots are all good and pretty solidly dreaded, but they're only dreaded for a few inches alot of them. My dreads are about 12" long but typically only have 3-6" well dreaded, is that normal for their age or should i consider things like the sea salt sprays?

updated by @kris2: 01/13/15 09:09:41PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

hmm thats odd that like 10 inches would be loose at the ends thats unusual so maybe sea salts an option what r u washing with?

what eklse might u be doing that might interfere

its an unusual patern ..got pics>?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kris2
@kris2
13 years ago
43 posts

For the first couple of months i did the BS ACV wash, but due to a bit of laziness if been using quite small portions of whatever shampoo we have :P I realized could be a reason of slowing the process, but with the small amount i use i also assume that it couldnt inhibit the progress THAT much. Have you heard of shampoo causing that much of a problem? My only doubt about that is that the parts that are dreaded and quite tight.

Other then that i almost never put my hair up or wear hats or anything or even touch it much aside from separating.

I attached 1 pic, its also on my profile along with another taken at the same time. Its probably closer to 9 months then the 8 written.

EDIT: just wanna add that if not using enough shampoo isnt the problem probably cause i dont have an issue with oily hair

Matt Locks
@matt-locks
13 years ago
3 posts

Ive been having somewhat of the same issue,, mine are only 1 month old, but I have begun noticing that the ends and middle sections are knotting faster then the roots. I use saltwater spray, but I'm worried that if the tips dread fast then the roots might not be able to catch up :s

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

ojh the roots will dread last ..many months from now dont worry bout the roots

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

umm how often u wash it loks like it could be he shampoo but maybe not getting clean enough and most shampoos are conditioning so can certainly do rhat and if u use a tiny ammount might not be getting clean its hard to guesss tho

Kris said:

For the first couple of months i did the BS ACV wash, but due to a bit of laziness if been using quite small portions of whatever shampoo we have :P I realized could be a reason of slowing the process, but with the small amount i use i also assume that it couldnt inhibit the progress THAT much. Have you heard of shampoo causing that much of a problem? My only doubt about that is that the parts that are dreaded and quite tight.

Other then that i almost never put my hair up or wear hats or anything or even touch it much aside from separating.

I attached 1 pic, its also on my profile along with another taken at the same time. Its probably closer to 9 months then the 8 written.

EDIT: just wanna add that if not using enough shampoo isnt the problem probably cause i dont have an issue with oily hair

--
Kris2
@kris2
13 years ago
43 posts

I wash about every 3 days.

Well i suppose we've isolated 1 possible culprit so i guess i'll make a better effort to find a better shampoo or go back to the BS ACV wash. Hopefully this gets it to look good by the time they're 1 year old

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

chances are if u change shampoos u wuill see a diference in a week or so

--
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

Suave or V05 Clarifying shampoos diluted 1/4 shampoo to 3/4 water works great for me...and it's really cheap'] I wash every 3 days or so and rinse really thoroughly...Good Luck!

Kris2
@kris2
13 years ago
43 posts

Well here i am with this conundrum again... :P

Went back to BS ACV wash, but ran out so i went out in search of dr bronners but couldnt find it. So i ended up coming home with Neutrogena anti-residue shampoo. But in my two tries of it, my undreaded half of my hair feels/looks more undreaded. I never thought of it till i came back and re-read this but would diluting it work? or should i just find something else again?

Attached a pic that shows the half-dreading is still there

And on a side note once i get to dreadlockssite.com/main it goes weird on my Firefox browser. Screen goes white and looks like its trying to load or redirect me (bottom saystransferringdata from tag.admeld.com...)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form