Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help on washing.

SoupDragon
@pip-herbst
13 years ago
23 posts

where can I get burts bees lol? tried simple. it's ok but still really greasy on my hair. and no this shampoo seems fine SE it's made my hair really knotty!

updated by @pip-herbst: 07/03/15 04:48:58AM
kris
@kris
13 years ago
39 posts

Yes, the pomegranate one. I was using Maylees for quite a while but I starting noticing little chunks of soap here and there and some little flakes of soap that were sticking to my dreads no matter how much I rinsed. I used the Neutrogena anti residue after that but since it has sulfates in it I wanted to try something else so I bought the Burts Bees. It takes a minute to get it to lather up good but it cleans really well. With just 4 washes with it I'm already seeing more knotting.

kris
@kris
13 years ago
39 posts

I'm not sure about in the UK but here in the US I can get it at most chain stores - Walmart, Target, or at my local grocery store.

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i've been wanting to try that one. does it leave your hair squeaky clean? maylees didn't work for me either. it kept leaving weird residue in my hair.

Kristy said:

Yes, the pomegranate one. I was using Maylees for quite a while but I starting noticing little chunks of soap here and there and some little flakes of soap that were sticking to my dreads no matter how much I rinsed. I used the Neutrogena anti residue after that but since it has sulfates in it I wanted to try something else so I bought the Burts Bees. It takes a minute to get it to lather up good but it cleans really well. With just 4 washes with it I'm already seeing more knotting.

kris
@kris
13 years ago
39 posts

Yes...squeaky clean and no itching :)

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

nice! i'll have to try it.

Kristy said:

Yes...squeaky clean and no itching :)

Kieran
@kieran
13 years ago
2 posts

You mentioned you used Simpe. Did you use the shampoo or the soap bar? It's the actual bar of soap that people use on their dreads.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i think its the bar but not sure

Kieran said:

You mentioned you used Simpe. Did you use the shampoo or the soap bar? It's the actual bar of soap that people use on their dreads.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SoupDragon
@pip-herbst
13 years ago
23 posts

Yeah I know that's what I used. Still made my hair feel really greasy :/

Kieran said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

try distilled water

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form