Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help on washing.

SoupDragon
@pip-herbst
13 years ago
23 posts

I used Dr bronner's and my hair was soooo greasy afterwards! like it was just unbearable and my hair stank really bad :/ I don't know why, everyone was telling me my hair smelt disgusting. I diluted it 12-1 like you said and washed it out thoroughly. I don't know what else to try cause I really don't wanna mess around with baking soda. anyone know any soaps I can buy on a budget that will get my hair clean without any residue? I'm from the UK so I need something I can buy here. and I don't have a lot of money to spend on soap! thanks for any help.

updated by @pip-herbst: 02/14/15 05:22:52AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

uk has hard water hard water and bronners dont go together

try the baking soda but some ppl un uk had trouble with that too so if not try 1 of the anti resu-=idue shampoos nutragena or suave anti resisdue i wouldnt use em long or often just to remove the residue now and then

why dont u want to trty the baking soda

for everyday use id wait d=for respnces as to what works in hard water best

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Phil Hulford
@phil-hulford
13 years ago
38 posts
Baking soda wash... Cheapest and best in my opinion.... Sooooo easy too, only downside is that it takes about 20-30 for the whole process :)Amazon.co.uk u can buy 1kg baking soda for 6 quid or u can go to any super Market get the bicarbonate soda pot from baking isle for about 83p :) then u can just buy 2 little pots of oil from holland and Barrets or amazon again! Get lavender and tea tree to start with... If u like the wash u can then try more :)I used to use dreadheadhq soap but man this is so much better... Uk water tends to be fairly hard water so baking soda one is really good.... If u got questions bout the wash SO many ppl here will help :) hope that helps
Phil Hulford
@phil-hulford
13 years ago
38 posts
Haha yea well at first SE I did get some White residue left in my hair after the wash however I found a way round it.... Add a bit more baking soda and I can't see any residue.... Also used 2 capfuls of White wine vinegar in the after rinse :) hope this helps
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea thats what i kept trying to tell ppl the residue was dry dw=ead skin that wash=nt fullt=y removed they kept trying to use less and less aying it was baking soda left behin i told em no use more baking soda turns to gasses in water and evaporates and literaly cant leac=ve any behind

--
SoupDragon
@pip-herbst
13 years ago
23 posts

thanks I'll see :) I found a natural shampoo that says it gets rid of grease in a cheap shop so I'm gunna try that first x

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

what is it what r the ingredients it might get rid of dreads too

--
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i've heard people in the uk mention "simple" soap. not sure what it is but they talk highly of it. also another one called vosene.

kris
@kris
13 years ago
39 posts

I've been using Burts Bees shampoo and it works great. Smells awesome and leaves no residue. Seems to be helping the loose hairs knot up too

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

which one? the pomegranate one?

Kristy said:

I've been using Burts Bees shampoo and it works great. Smells awesome and leaves no residue. Seems to be helping the loose hairs knot up too

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form