Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing Help!!!

Sunshine Pixie
@sunshine-pixie
13 years ago
9 posts
Alright, a little back story. I've been "no 'poo" for over a year now, so I've not had to change anything about my hair care when I decided to start on the dread process.Now, couple times a year I'll spend an extended period in Texas at my parents. Every time I come down I change NOTHING about my hair washing. But, every time I get this NASTY coating on my hair.My hair looks and feels like I have pomade or a flexible wax on my hair.Its disgusting, and normally I just use commercial shampoos when I'm in town, but I really don't want to do that.Should I try some ACV or lemon juice? Or just grab some SLS free clarifying shampoo?How do you guys handle water changes. Is this due to softer or harder water?I can post pics if needed.
updated by @sunshine-pixie: 01/13/15 09:08:01PM
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

definitely a hard water issue. you can buy a bottle of distilled water and mix your bs wash in that and then rinse with the tap water. lots of people have problems with bs and hard water. acv always left a residue on my hair. your going to need a detergent type cleaner that will remove the mineral build ups that the water is leaving behind. i use an organic shampoo. it works well for me and my water and it gets my hair clean.

Sunshine Pixie
@sunshine-pixie
13 years ago
9 posts

Okay cool. I guess I should have mentioned I'm re-trying Dr. Bronner's atm. Which works great at home, but not here. Dr. B works as well as BS/ACV for me, but its not as cheap so I alternate. Next time I'll use distilled water to dilute it. But for now, I'll pick up some shampoo tomorrow.

THANKS!

Heather said:

definitely a hard water issue. you can buy a bottle of distilled water and mix your bs wash in that and then rinse with the tap water. lots of people have problems with bs and hard water. acv always left a residue on my hair. your going to need a detergent type cleaner that will remove the mineral build ups that the water is leaving behind. i use an organic shampoo. it works well for me and my water and it gets my hair clean.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form