Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Every day matinence question

Tashie☺
@tashie
13 years ago
10 posts
Hello. I just recently took out the black bands at the ends on my dreads. I tOok a shower and they are very flimsy and leaving wavy dreads. I was curious if every day slight backcombing would be alright. Should I just continue to palm roll (that really does nothing) and or put the bands back on? My dreads are almost 2 months now. Any help would be lovely.
updated by @tashie: 02/14/15 03:35:18AM
Tashie☺
@tashie
13 years ago
10 posts
Also, some dreads (mostly on the under parts) are thinner dreads. Those being done by my mother, she sectioned them very small.
K.E.
@ke
13 years ago
35 posts

Mine are about the same age as yours. I think it's gonna be 7 weeks on wednesday, or 2 months, who knows I lost track. My sister started mine by backcombin and waxin. I'm mixed half black/white. Long story short she ain't doin my hair no more and I've been stayin away from the wax since then so I've been rockin the bands for about 2 weeks. Change em once uh week after I wash em. Got em on the roots & the tips. Most in the back are lockin up pretty good, but like the 4 in the front hangin on my head seem no where close. Makin me wanna retwist em w/ some wax..

My advice would be put the bands back on. It's definetly not helpin my tips like I would like, but once they lock up to that point I'm uh take em off. The ones in the front are like you said flimsy, don't know what you mean by wavy. Maybe how my tips are they curl up on some lol, the part past the band. I've never palmrolled or none uh that shit, I find it pointless. If it helps you though, to each his own.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

none of the above no no no backcombing no palm rolling no bands

just let them dreread thats all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

take the bands out !! remove the wax

do not twist

just leave em dread

bands are a very bad idea especialy if u leave em in a week

u want no bands at all ever

Karl Edwards said:

Mine are about the same age as yours. I think it's gonna be 7 weeks on wednesday, or 2 months, who knows I lost track. My sister started mine by backcombin and waxin. I'm mixed half black/white. Long story short she ain't doin my hair no more and I've been stayin away from the wax since then so I've been rockin the bands for about 2 weeks. Change em once uh week after I wash em. Got em on the roots & the tips. Most in the back are lockin up pretty good, but like the 4 in the front hangin on my head seem no where close. Makin me wanna retwist em w/ some wax..

My advice would be put the bands back on. It's definetly not helpin my tips like I would like, but once they lock up to that point I'm uh take em off. The ones in the front are like you said flimsy, don't know what you mean by wavy. Maybe how my tips are they curl up on some lol, the part past the band. I've never palmrolled or none uh that shit, I find it pointless. If it helps you though, to each his own.

--
K.E.
@ke
13 years ago
35 posts

I'm not worryin. I'm aware of what bands can do. My hair has been lockin faster in the last 2 weeks than the 1st month. So obviously I'm doin somethin right. W/out the bands I'd have damn near only half uh head of dreads lol.. Yo Master Dread headass.

Andrea Schneider
@andrea-schneider
13 years ago
51 posts

hmm, i used bands for awhile and in my experience it did not help me dread faster. sometimes the ends of the hair have to be pulled into the dread naturally to lock. bands can prevent that. of course most of my locks are half undreaded, but i'm not worried because i know they will dread on their own time. plus, wrapping them helps

K.E.
@ke
13 years ago
35 posts

Jus took the bands out.. How's pullin the ends into the dread natural? Lol, ain't that called bluntin the tips?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

just leagve the tips alone

--
Andrea Schneider
@andrea-schneider
13 years ago
51 posts

maybe i said what i wanted to say wrong. when you are dreading your hair the dreads usually shrink pulling hair in on it's own. i would think that bands would prevent that process. at least it did with me.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form