Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I have done everything 'wrong' and my dreads are awesome!

Leah
@leah
13 years ago
32 posts

He everyone!

I've had my dreads for over 5 years. I love them so much!!!! I think they've changed me in many ways. When I firststarted my dreads they were started with Mrs Palmers surf board wax. Back when I first started them they were maintained with root flipping and wax. I worked at 5star resort so they had to be neat.

Now I'm not sure if I'm in a bad mood today or not, but I am so sick and tired of reading posts where I feel like I'm being told what to do with my hair and what's wrong with it etc etc. Yes, I have done everything you can think of to my dreads. I got a secret to tell you, they're not weak in any spots, they don't feel gross or any other bad crap you can think off. Yep, they're fantastic. I strongly beleive that everyone is different, and just because they are not like you or do the same, we have every right not to be told off for doing something to our dreads that you don't like. Give it a rest please. We do all have different hair types and not every method is bad for us.

ok. so i'm sure I'll get some fun replies to this. haha.

updated by @leah: 02/14/15 03:31:55AM
Austin Potter
@austin-potter
13 years ago
54 posts

you're awsome hahaha

Leah
@leah
13 years ago
32 posts

lol. no austin, YOU'RE awesome!!

Austin Potter said:

you're awsome hahaha

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

surfboard wax>? are you serius?

ok this i gotta see

we need pictures

surfboard wax? yup im sure u will get plenty of replies

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dreads should not defy gravity

do wax removal then youll see how awaesome they could be

dreads should not stand straight up be hard and stiff

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
xxMercy
@xxmercy
13 years ago
26 posts

hahaha you really are awesome!

product/maintenance damage varies from head to head. your dreads are lovely=]

and even if it does damage your hair, who the hell cares? as long as you like it lol

lysergic.nightshade
@lysergicnightshade
13 years ago
41 posts

You know what, it's your hair, and you can do what you want with it. If you're on here, I'm sure you've seen all the bad things that can happen when you wax, crochet, etc. But if it works for you, do it. It may catch up to you, it may not. It really doesn't matter. Real dreadlocks are all about individuality (and I've NEVER heard of using surfboard wax, that sounds pretty unique to me). Just have fun, and take care, however you choose.

Leah
@leah
13 years ago
32 posts

hahahaha. that's so funny. Every with wax I'm pretty sure your heavy dreads wouldn't stand up like that!

This is acutally a photo from when I was laying on my husbands lap while he was tying my dreads in knots. (I love it when he plays with my dreads, it feels so good!)

And see, this is my point exactly! Thanks everyone for your comments, and just for the record. I don't do anything to my dreads, for pure and utter laziness!

:)

soaring eagle said:

dreads should not defy gravity

do wax removal then youll see how awaesome they could be

dreads should not stand straight up be hard and stiff

updated by @leah: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i looked up that wax just now and its description says "ultra sticky" and "designed to never wear off in water"

i think only dissolvit or gunkout would get it out after 5 years

good luck with em

id dilute whichever u use alot they are very strong and can seriusly dry out your scalp

--
Mary White
@mary-white
13 years ago
27 posts

Kudos. To each his own. NAMASTE. If it's working for YOU.. great. If it ever turns around and gives you something you didn't expect, you can always change. :) Peace K!

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form