Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Newly made dread maintenance

scott LANGFORD
@scott-langford
13 years ago
24 posts
Hi all,I am new to the dreading scene and have now finished my whole head. It has taken ages!!!i used the back combing method as i didnt like the way twist and rip method looked. Also not used any more wax after people told me to stop.At night im wearing nylon type thing on my head to stop them breaking up etc and this has also flattened them nicely.I havent washed them yet either or chosen which shampoo to use.The big question is maintenance and whether they are done "correctly". I have read loads of things online but there are so many different methods.All my dreads are nicely locked up but i do have quite a few 'whispy' or loose hairs... Not sure what to do about these. My hair is really silky so rubbing into balls does not really work. Can i cut some of the worse ones off?Also the twisting at the root and palm rolling, should i notice a difference straight away (not big obviously) or not as i dont seem to notice any change at all...Thanks for any help, just want to make sure i get the care right from the off..
updated by @scott-langford: 01/13/15 09:07:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

stop it do not twist the roots ever do not bother palm rolling it does nothingdo not do abnthyng about loose whispy hairs but wait and do not wear a stocking over your head

its not enough to just stop using wax u need to remove the wax

the only thing u havent been doing is the only thing u should be doing and thats wasghing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
scott LANGFORD
@scott-langford
13 years ago
24 posts

oh ok thanks. ive read sooooo many things on maintaining them, and nearly everything has said to twist and palm roll. My friends have done this too!

I was planning to wash every other day anyway, just still trying to find some shampoo that i can buy from a shop as dont want to order off the internet.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dr bronners is the only option palm riollings fotr waxy candk=les twisting is for african haitr but weeakens the roots causes breakage and balding just leave em alone u have nothing to do but wash and seperate

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
scott LANGFORD
@scott-langford
13 years ago
24 posts

ok great thanks again :-)

I will have a gander for that soap then. Until i can find it im going to use the natural nuetrogena stuff

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form