Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

acv rinse for flakey scalp????

stephen samuels
@stephen-samuels
13 years ago
9 posts
right i'v got myself some apple cider vinegar, peppermint oil, rosemary oil, tea tree oil have read that this sounds like what i need but would just like to know how much of what to add and the best way of using it and how often??? thanks
updated by @stephen-samuels: 02/14/15 02:49:27AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

its a 2 part system not just acv

1st baking soda 1/3 cup per gallon teatree 10 drops /g rosemary peperming 30 drops each /g

pour on soak 10 min

rinse

acv same or less (new dreads miuch less maturew same)

oils can be added to acv too if u want

new dreads poyr on rinse right away mature dreads soak 3 min then rinse

for extra power rince again with very cold water

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
stephen samuels
@stephen-samuels
13 years ago
9 posts

thanks looks i need to get myself some baking soda too.....

stephen samuels
@stephen-samuels
13 years ago
9 posts
wow! been using the baking soda and oils and acv rince for about 2 weeks now with pretty much instant results. this is the way forward from now....
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

yup it works wonders dont it?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Electric Mama
@electric-mama
13 years ago
80 posts

What would you consider mature dreads? I want to try to acv rinse but since I had allergic reactions with the baking soda at 1st I am scared! haha

Raul Stevens
@raul-stevens
13 years ago
10 posts

Ive been using tea tree oil and lavender oil with my baking soda wash for the last 6 months. My scalp isnt itchy; but i still have dandruff. Is there anything i can include in my wash to get rid of it?

Faelwynn
@faelwynn
13 years ago
362 posts

Acv has solved a lot of my life's problems, but sometimes super flakey-ness calls for some T-Gel. I'd see if an acv rinse fixes it and if not, T-Gel time. xD

Faelwynn
@faelwynn
13 years ago
362 posts

Don't be a-feared! *hugs* My scalp actually broke out in a series of nasty boils after the baking soda washes began. In the end, I stopped using the baking soda (save for once a month deep cleans) and just wash with diluted shampoo of my choice and then rinse with acv.

I'd call them 'mature enough for acv' if you can wash them without them falling out. You can always dilute the acv more for a more gentle and less conditioning rinse.

Electric Mama said:

What would you consider mature dreads? I want to try to acv rinse but since I had allergic reactions with the baking soda at 1st I am scared! haha

Raul Stevens
@raul-stevens
13 years ago
10 posts

What is T-Gel? I rinse my hair with acv (after washing it with bc) and the flakeyness is still there. So I guess once I find out what T-Gel isI will start using that...

Faelwynn said:

Acv has solved a lot of my life's problems, but sometimes super flakey-ness calls for some T-Gel. I'd see if an acv rinse fixes it and if not, T-Gel time. xD

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form