Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Can't wear dreads down without huge gaps

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
You are correct. There is alot of contradictory information out there and it is very discouraging to try to swim through it all. You have been seeing this fuzziness recently because I do believe your hair might be trying to recover. At this point, you need to use every bit of your power to help it recover. I am really glad you are here :) Ignore any negative statements that anyone has to say out there in the world. You definitely have delicate hair without doing anything...but I do believe that everything combined just pushed it over the edge. I feel for you. I had several clients who unknowingly did something, only to end up with bald patches are broken hair. One lady used a very hot flat iron and the next week, she is in my chair crying and almost bald in front! I wanted to also ask...are you by any chance a vegan? If you do not take in enough quality protein you will have a much more difficult time getting this hair back on track. If you think your nutrition might be lacking...I would also suggest a hair vitamin. It would definitely help to bring some strength back to your hair. You can get this type of vitamin at any store. Just look for something that says...Hair, Skin and Nails...or even pre-natal vitamins. This will help and not cause you any harm :) You can message me anytime <3

Amanda Heigel said:

Ok I will look into a Maylee's bar and order one. No rubbing or rolling, check.

The only itchy place is at the base of my neck on the side I sleep on. Other wise no flaking or anything. The fuzz is pretty recent, too.

I kind of wonder if the color accentuates the gaps, too. My natural color is a light dirty blond and my roots Are close to an inch long so there is a dramatic color difference. My hair has been bleached at one point and I have been dying over that with progressively darker colors (start with pink and let it fade all the way out for a couple months then either touch up or move onto a darker color...up the rainbow so to speak). I've had colored hair for years without breakage and such, but its possible that the dread and rolling combo was enough to push it over the edge.

And I am concerned about my hair which is why I posted in the first place. I did a ton of research on this site and others before and after putting my dreads in to get a general consensus of what people think are the best methods. There is a lot of variance out there for what the do's and don'ts are. I've even been accused of not working with my dreads enough because I refused to wax unless I had a bunch of strands pulling out of the dreads and rolling didn't fix it.

So now I'm hoping this new advise will help my dreads. I really want them, but I've been worried I don't have the right kind of hair for them. ..its baby fine, but not thin or patchy coverage. A "normal" hair pony tail for me isn't very big around.

updated by @panterra-caraway: 07/10/15 09:46:25PM

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form