Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I have a few questions.

Matt Kancode
@matt-kancode
13 years ago
14 posts

So I've started my twist and rip dreads and I'm in day 3. I've had to pin up my dreads in a ponytail to keep them up and out of the way when I'm out or working. I've noticed a lot of loose hair because of this. I do need them to look maintained for the most part. Is there any way I can make these little strands either develop their own dreads or maybe fuse them with their brothers?

I've also had a problem with the knots and tangles that are within the first 2 inches to my scalp have been getting loose and untangled. Should I worry?

updated by @matt-kancode: 02/14/15 06:23:52AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

question 1 wait they will dread on their own or fuse on their own a few loose hairs dont matter at all

question 2 nothing to worry bout they will get looser still but then tighten up ..but not for may months! bi]out 8 months in they tighten up

til then no worrying..its normal

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Matt Kancode
@matt-kancode
13 years ago
14 posts
yeah but i cant have it being wild when at work. does the saltwater solution help quicken the process?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yes it does but yes you can jut push em back y=under a headband or wear a scarf

abd chances are yoir the only 1 worried biut how they look if the boss dont care if u have dreads they dont care if you have dreads so ddont worry bout the loose hairs or anything

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

in fact lemme tell ya lil story bout my last office job (manager in an IT office)

i went in to the interview with my beard dreads tucked inside my shirt and my head dreads tucked up in a tam

1st day of work i did the same worried what they would say

1/2 way through the day just decided to not bother hiding it popped off the tam (dreads were barely o the floor at that time) pulled out the beard dreads (all wild as can be i assure you)

just then the president of the company walk s by stops dead in his tracks and just says...wow.. that was the 1 single time my dreads were mentuoned never again but at the end of the year they featured my picture on the cover of the calander and on the poster they gave away as promotional materials so me and my messy wild dreads became the corporate image thry used to promote the business.

your doubts are your own worse enemy

do not even worry how they look unless they say something then have a talk with them

very unlikely they ever will say a word

(except maybe wow)

Matt Kancode said:

yeah but i cant have it being wild when at work. does the saltwater solution help quicken the process?

--
Matt Kancode
@matt-kancode
13 years ago
14 posts
so even though they are new it wont hurt them to tie them up in a ponytail?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nah just do it loosely not too tight

--
Matt Kancode
@matt-kancode
13 years ago
14 posts

So it's been a few days and several of my dreads are unknotting up to 4 inches from my scalp. is there any way i can knot those spots up? Also I've noticed that there are A LOT of hairs coming off of the dreads and its starting to look really crazy.(wild hairs everywhere)

Another thing is my hair is becoming really greasy and the shampoo i used doesnt do anything about it. Is there anything else?

I dont mean to sound panicky but i have to keep them organized or my boss gets pissed at me.

Andrea Schneider
@andrea-schneider
13 years ago
51 posts

what kind of shampoo are you using? is it residue free (it should be)? sauve daily clarifying should help with that if you haven't been using residue free shampoo or haven't been rinsing your hair enough. Have you tried using baking soda and water to clean your hair?

as for the loose hairs....i don't know about that one. my babies are a mess!

Matt Kancode
@matt-kancode
13 years ago
14 posts

it is organic residue free dty shampoo for twists, locks and other natural styles. I used it gry (like it said and it did nothing) so then i used it in the shower and it got rid of some of the greasiness of my hair but now i feel like i have dandruff. this isnt going well...

Andrea Schneider said:

what kind of shampoo are you using? is it residue free (it should be)? sauve daily clarifying should help with that if you haven't been using residue free shampoo or haven't been rinsing your hair enough. Have you tried using baking soda and water to clean your hair?

as for the loose hairs....i don't know about that one. my babies are a mess!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form