Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

question for some of the dreads that have been growing for a few years :]

anthony williams
@anthony-williams
13 years ago
101 posts
k so this might be a little complicated of a question... so, end of august will be two years for me :] yay! anyway, i, [mostly in back] have kindov um... like at my scalp a "hair carpet" if you will starting to go on. which is causing alot of congo action to happen. which i am happy about but im just not sure if this is how its suppose to be going. like i want alot of the congoing to happen but i dont want themALL to form together you know?which i know thats where separation comes in. so... should i be separating normally like, pulling apart from tip to scalp and not worry about the "carpet", haha, or should i be more meticulously separating at the scalp as well? ... hope you guys get what i mean :/ its kinda hard to convey what i mean through only words on here and not being able to ask such a thing in person to you guys. thanks though :]
updated by @anthony-williams: 01/13/15 09:05:34PM
Electric Mama
@electric-mama
13 years ago
80 posts
I just found this post. I know exactly what you mean. You should probably be ripping a part at the base too, and separating the hair carpet lol. If you don't that will take a lot of length off of your dreads because all the hair will be matted down. So try separating all the way down to the scalp. Good luck!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea i seperate as much as i can by ripping then work a finger under any hairs matted to the scalp and pull up or i push them towards the dread they belong in like 2 fingers pressed against the scalp pushing out towards the dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
13 years ago
101 posts
and you guys have never had any issue with dreads being too thin at the roots from all that ripping/separating?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nope but i have stopped ripping and let em congo like crazy cause many of mine were just thin tiny dreads anyway

if theyre too thin let em congo but seperating wont make em thinner then they are your just preventing them from combining and getting thicker

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
13 years ago
101 posts
cool thank you :]
Electric Mama
@electric-mama
13 years ago
80 posts
Yeah no problem at at all and mine are almost 3 years old. There was one point where they got so matted down then my friend had to do some crazy separating work on them! My dreads are probably thinker too, so I have no problem with thin hair!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form