Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Paul thomas
@paul-thomas
13 years ago
5 posts
Forget wax man, go get a dread perm! It smells like shit, but its like instant dreads. Theyll look like crap for the forst 2 months ish though(more like twisted hair than dreads) but they dread up SO fast.
Paul thomas
@paul-thomas
13 years ago
5 posts
Before you haters start hating: If you have never PERSONALLY (like real life) seen, fealt, and watch a dread perm evolve(if properly maintained(read: only ripping and washing)) then please do not speak as you dont know what you are talking about

Paul thomas said:
Forget wax man, go get a dread perm! It smells like shit, but its like instant dreads. Theyll look like crap for the forst 2 months ish though(more like twisted hair than dreads) but they dread up SO fast.
Sam thomson
@sam-thomson
13 years ago
52 posts
Bro id say wash wax out completly and let them be ... Thats what I did and it eorks great for me and it cost nothing ... Check my you tube nattynosmoht and thatll give u an idea of what to expect ... Fyi ur bout to get SLAMMED by alot of people for using wax... It really isn't good for dreads so id stay away if I was u
Shane sullivan
@shane-sullivan
13 years ago
62 posts
Yes I agree... Your discussion is soon to be raped by people telling you no wax... LolI Agree again on the wax thing stop using it at once and try to wash it out as best as possible...I've had dreads twice... The first time I had my dreads for about three weeks and I used wax the entire time... I took them out for a stupid reason but I decided to dread once again...This time I used wax lime twice before stumbling across this site and finding that wax is bad for your dreads and so I stopped using it immediately...Then in the few weeks that follow insaw so much more progession ...I would say twice if not three times the progression as when I used wax..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dread perms rthe worse thing u can do worse then wax wax is bad enough perm is a disaster

never ever use wax or perm!

Paul thomas said:

Before you haters start hating: If you have never PERSONALLY (like real life) seen, fealt, and watch a dread perm evolve(if properly maintained(read: only ripping and washing)) then please do not speak as you dont know what you are talking about

Paul thomas said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
FoxPaw
@foxpaw
13 years ago
114 posts
its a hobby on your head if you think about it :)
Kyla
@kyla
13 years ago
1 posts

If your hair is like mine - silky straight naturally and you are looking for a product to help you along i'd recommend knotty boy's tropical tightening gel (just don't over-do it - you only need a little bit that can be palm rolled into your hair when it's still wet.) . Wax never worked for me - but this sure does, as well as some dread soap rubbing them with your fingers.

Paul thomas
@paul-thomas
13 years ago
5 posts

ive had my dreads for going on 3 years now... started with a dread perm. i washed my hair when it was dirty(every like 3 days for the first few months then quickly tapered it back to like once a week... my hair didnt need it that often), and did nothing to it except seperating... and my dreads are fine. The texture is BARELY noticable. No way did it take 6 months to knot up... within 3 almost every dread was nigh-impossible to rip apart. Never went in and got any maintenance or any of that shit, nor was i told i should.

soaring eagle said:

dread perms rthe worse thing u can do worse then wax wax is bad enough perm is a disaster

never ever use wax or perm!

Paul thomas said:

Paul thomas said:
Paul thomas
@paul-thomas
13 years ago
5 posts
and by barely noticeable i mean.. if i didnt tell you i had a dread perm, and you didnt feel my dread up and down the length of them, youd NEVER know
updated by @paul-thomas: 07/13/15 09:28:58AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form