Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread shedding

Lord Panzer
@lord-panzer
15 years ago
12 posts
Hi, i have had my locks for a year now, and they have becomed nice and tight, but i am kind of worried, because the hair some of my dreads are attatched to my scalp with are much thinner than the actual dread, so i am kind of worried that two of them eventually will come off.... has anyone experienced this? any tips to how i should prevent this from happen? i have considdered sewing new hair into the dread, but that will damage them... any other way to get the hair around it to dread into it?
updated by @lord-panzer: 01/13/15 08:27:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
what have u dionew..root rubbing crochet anything like thattake a clowseup pic ..its probly nothing to worry about but u can allow em to congo if your worriedi have 1 dread literaly as wide as the letter I (on 1 side the upright part but slightly flat so on wide side as thick as the top n bottom) that dreads maybe 5 feet longif your dreads are healthy a lil thin spots noyt gonna hurt too much

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
i agree with soaringeagle, letting it congo sounds like a good idea.If your going bald though (hate to suggest that) i dont know what i would recommend... rogaine maybe?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
try the hrrbal versions 1st in the herb thread willow put together Daniel Ordonez said:
i agree with soaringeagle, letting it congo sounds like a good idea.

If your going bald though (hate to suggest that) i dont know what i would recommend... rogaine maybe?

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
If it's caused by root rubbing or palm rolling then you should stop and just let the hair grow back into it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
or crocheting

--
Lord Panzer
@lord-panzer
15 years ago
12 posts
Thanks guys, i will post some pictures soon, but i worng late night shifts every day now, so its kind of hard to find time to do it:) I made my dreads with backcombing, and hade crocheted some of them, but haven't done that for some time now, i also root rub them, but i am kinda afraid that it makes the hair break...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
your exactly rightit does make the hair breakstop it and they will recoverthe less u do the stronger the dreads will be Lord Panzer said:
Thanks guys, i will post some pictures soon, but i worng late night shifts every day now, so its kind of hard to find time to do it:) I made my dreads with backcombing, and hade crocheted some of them, but haven't done that for some time now, i also root rub them, but i am kinda afraid that it makes the hair break...

--
BKsensiUrWay
@bksensiurway
13 years ago
19 posts

idk if i'm just paranoid but i'm 20 and fairly positive my hairline is creeping back like, what seems noticeably to me. is that going to do anything miserable to my dreads?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form