Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

combining dreads

Sierra Nicole
@sierra-nicole
13 years ago
28 posts

I have two that I'd like to join together. For now I have them sort of twisted together with a bead on it to keep it together, but will keeping them like this make them dread in the long term?

Also, when I backcombed my hair I put a split in it. Is there any way to reverse this or are my dreads going to grow this way forever?

updated by @sierra-nicole: 01/13/15 09:01:31PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u can just let them combine by not seperating\

and forcing sections can cause em to want to split

u can leave em be they will probly heal or u can try to split em id just leave em be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
L-ray Sepulvado
@l-ray-sepulvado
13 years ago
25 posts

I combined some of mine with hemp twine. I had to start combining a couple of em because they were getting weak at the root, it took a couple of months to even combine at the root. You don't need hemp just any string, I used sewing thread for one of my wraps. Just keep an eye on your wraps...not sure if the hair can grow over it or not, i'v had a couple in for more than 3 or 4 months. A lot of people use em for just decoration

PEACE

Pamela Isley
@pamela-isley
13 years ago
3 posts
where can I buy the wraps !!!

L-ray Sepulvado said:

I combined some of mine with hemp twine. I had to start combining a couple of em because they were getting weak at the root, it took a couple of months to even combine at the root. You don't need hemp just any string, I used sewing thread for one of my wraps. Just keep an eye on your wraps...not sure if the hair can grow over it or not, i'v had a couple in for more than 3 or 4 months. A lot of people use em for just decoration

PEACE

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
I'm combinging two that i seperated that I should not have, the one seems pretty weak at the root so I just tied it together with a couple spots with some hemp, seems to be working fine, and I'm not too worried about them seperating themselves since I was the one who originally seperated it cause I was a moron lol
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form