Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Essential oils question

tha tron
@tha-tron
13 years ago
147 posts
So I'm reading my peppermint oil bottle and it says " caution" and says something about not coming in contact with skin. Then before that it recommends the type of carrier oils that it could be blended with ( so that means that it's obviously going on the skin) I've been using as a topical treatment for the itches but should I be diluting some? I've had no I'll fx but have only been doing this for the past 2-3 days. What do u guys think
updated by @tha-tron: 01/13/15 09:00:16PM
Alden
@alden
13 years ago
303 posts
A carrier oil is a vegetable oil derived from the fatty portion of a plant, usually from the seeds, kernels or the nuts.If applied to the skin undiluted, essential oils, absolutes, CO2s and other concentrated aromatics can cause severe irritation or reactions in some individuals. Carrier oils are used to dilute essential and other oils prior to application. They carry the essential oil onto the skin.Essential oils are distilled from the leaves, bark, roots and other aromatic portions of a botanical. Essential oils evaporate and have a concentrated aroma. Carrier oils, on the other hand, are pressed from the fatty portions (seeds, nuts, kernels) and do not evaporate or impart their aroma as strongly as essential oils. Carrier oils can go rancid over time, but essential oils do not. Instead, essential oils "oxidize" and lose their therapeutic benefits, but they don't go rancid.
Kyle
@kyle
13 years ago
14 posts
Try tea tree oil if u haven't works well for my itches
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the only caution is if u use too much its like remember in high school when kids would put ben gay or icy hot in jock straps as a cruel joke? pepermint can be an intence tingle even burning sensation if used too strong

on sensative areas that can really be bad..like eyes..and ..well..sensative areas

some girls really were freaked out by the sensation the 1st time then learned to enjoy the tingle

if its pure peopermint oil it can be overwhelming if u just splatter it on your sinuses will drain nose run eyes water etc

but a drop here and theres fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form