dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ends won't stay back combed.

Ethan
@ethan
13 years ago
2 posts

Ello everyone.

My older sister back combed my hair nearly 10 months ago, and it wasn't the best job. They came mostly all the way out, then essentially became natural locks. Which I kinda dig, the only problem is, an inch or inch an a half at the end of nearly every lock will not lock up. I don't want blunted tips, and like I said I kinda like the natural feel to them, I would just really like if the ends would show some sign of locking. I also have LOTS of loose hair, due to them coming undone after the back combing.

My main question is, is there a good way (without using wax) to get my ends to start locking. As for the loose hair, I don't really know what to do, but it's not as big of a deal to me.

Thanks in advance :)

updated by @ethan: 01/13/15 08:59:15PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

lave the tips alone you want them exactly as they are..do nothing to the dreads (the sea salt being the exception but also unsesacary)

be glad the ends are the way they are

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

Eagles right. I have blunted ends on many of my locks, and they take an age and a half to dry. Some happened naturally, some I did myself. I wish I hadn't. With the loose ends, water will just drip out quicker. Solid ends act like sponges. Maybe, and I emphasize maybe, in a few years, the ends will mat enough to lock up, but they really don't have to, and you really don't want or need them to

As for the loose hairs, they'll become their own locks or get sucked into another one. It takes some time, but you'll be glad you didn't mess with them much. salt water can help, but like eagle said, it's notnecessary. I've never used it, but I hear it can do some good.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form