Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

is it normal for 1 month old backcombed dreads to not look like dreads?

Sheresa
@sheresa
13 years ago
41 posts
I just posted some pictures of my back combed dreads (the back is just neglect). I've had mine for 2 months now, check out the pictures...they do look awful. Washing helps mine look better :) I also had to go through and break up some of the bigger onesbecause the sections were wrong or too big and that left me with alot of lonely hair that is now doing what it's supposed to by itself...yay. I had tnr'd some in front or some stay hairs and I can tell you they look a hulluva lot better than my back combed ones. I should have just left it alone to start with! Lesson learned....
updated by @sheresa: 07/23/15 12:10:15AM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
it takes 6 mons- 1year for dreads to actually look like dreads no matter what method you start them with.
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
mine are still flat and matty and I'm almost 6 months in! (neglect)
Marcus Nappy
@marcus-nappy
13 years ago
30 posts
Yes you hair will get worse before it gets better, patience young grass hopper.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts

Marcus You & Your Dreads= Beautiful!! Love your youtube update vids!! <3

Doogie
@doogie
13 years ago
321 posts
I backcombed mine and they are just under 6mths. They have their good days and bad ones! I don't really consider mine dreads yet and they are twisting and whatnot doing their own thing. I probably won't call mine dreads for at least another year or more!
Eduardo Hernandez
@eduardo-hernandez
13 years ago
8 posts
I have backcombed dreads, little over 4 months old. At first it seems like it isn't working and could be frustrating having bad hair, but just be patient and they'll lock up.
ToneG
@toneg
13 years ago
10 posts
Mine are about 5 months old at the moment and nobody notices that I have dreadlocks, they're locking up nicely but unless I tell people they don't even think that I have dreadlocks, and when they find out they tell me it doesn't look as if I do at all. I usually get them to feel them after that and then they actually believe me, but I think it's because my hair isn't really long, so the back is just whispy ends, I just want my hair to grow faster, it's only grown a couple of inches over the past few months.
Tyler Staggs
@tyler-staggs
12 years ago
2 posts

What does t'n'r' stand for?

Amy Lee said:

I'm not telling you to do this but just letting you know that last night I finger combed (no tools just hands) my unfortunate fluffy puffy sausage looking backcombed dreads out and went over them with a loose t'n'r and they look and feel much better already. I know this site mainly supports the natural method but I'm glad I 'fixed' mine some what. I'm much happier and I feel my dread babies are not of to a much better, healthier start.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

twist n rip

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form