Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

6 and a half months in...need some help

Johnny Barnas
@johnny-barnas
13 years ago
45 posts

okay so bascially the back of my head isnt really comming together very nicely. the sides are cool, but the back all the dreads seem very mushy, and undefined. it looks more like a mass of hair instead of individual dreads. the individual dreads are there, but not as defined as id like. All of the back dreads have basically combined at the roots, and if i pick the top dread up in the back, the whole back section comes up with it. the combination isnt a problem, i actually find it very cool, but if this is going to screw with how the dreads form later on, then its something that ill fix. plus i dont want the back dreads to eat up the side ones too.

id like the back dreads to be nice and defined like my sides, but dont know what to do about it. should i rip the roots apart to seperate them? (this wont be easy because theyre all hard as rocks at the roots) should i leave em be?

also, on the sides ive got a bunch of loose hair, not really a problem, but just wanna know if theres anything to help em knot up. ive been sleeping with a wool tam every night for a very long time now, probably 3 or 4 months, and there hasnt been much progress

i backcombed, wash once a week and had wavy hair before dreads

pictures will be up soon

any advice given is much appreciated

one love

updated by @johnny-barnas: 02/14/15 11:22:42AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

lose the tam at nighbht or all together seperate u shoulda been seperatinmg all along so u dont get a unidread

use olive oil on the roots and when wet try to seperate try to pull out a few hairs at a time to loosen enough to ruip in worse case scenario pull the dreads away from eachother and with a razor or exacto slice casrefully down the center just a lil at a time till it will rip

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Johnny Barnas
@johnny-barnas
13 years ago
45 posts
im gonna have to quite literally, rip the sh*t out of em, cuz theyre freaken together man hahahaand to be honest, im a little afraid to cuz of how hard i have to pull
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
use olive oil and do it wet it will be eisier but u may need to snip a bit stop wearing the tam at night thats only encouraging them to be 1 tam shaped dread

--
Johnny Barnas
@johnny-barnas
13 years ago
45 posts
okay so wet em, put some oil on the roots, and then what? pull em hard? or try to pick em apart?
Johnny Barnas
@johnny-barnas
13 years ago
45 posts
here are the pics
Johnny Barnas
@johnny-barnas
13 years ago
45 posts

tnice term hahah my "dread web" isnt really a problem. i find it pretty cool actually, but the dreads are growing in wrong because of it, and it looks more like a mass of hair than individual dreads, which isnt what i want.

the whole reason im gonna seperate them is in hopes that theyll grow in right after its done.

im most definatly gonna have to use oil on some though, cuz its pretty flippin solid

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea try ripping em apart when wet with oil on the connected areas if it downt work u might have to do surgery

then when u get em apart seperate often

--
Johnny Barnas
@johnny-barnas
13 years ago
45 posts

hahahah dread surgery. i got my good buddy to help me along with it, so all will be good

ill post an after picture once theyre done being serperated

Johnny Barnas
@johnny-barnas
13 years ago
45 posts

just got done sepersating em. didnt use oil, just wetted them and used the razor a little

theyre all nice and freed up in the back. feels nice

now that theyre not together anymore at the roots, is there anything i should do to help encourage them to grow into individual dreads? cuz although theyre serperated at the roots, they still look mushy. obviously time will help them individualize, and im happy with waiting.

thanks for all the help and advice.ill post a pic soon of the finished results, even though they dont look very different.

and to fancyAmanda, it wasnt hard at all with the razor, but i reccomend not making the same mistake i did, and start seperating them now, cuz i literally pulled as hard as i possibly could on 2 dreads and they didnt budge.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form