Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Stopping the congos

Rachel Maness
@rachel-maness
13 years ago
13 posts
I have beads on the ends and middles of most of them, it's just the first couple of inches at the roots that keep turning into one solid mass.
updated by @rachel-maness: 07/23/15 07:05:51PM
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
13 years ago
184 posts
Let them congo a bit? It's actually a fun process to see, and if they are being THAT stubborn, then just see what happens. Maybe not into a 3" wide dread, but two 1 1/2" ones wouldn't be bad!
Rachel Maness
@rachel-maness
13 years ago
13 posts
I'm trying not to let them congo because I have a small head and I don't want huge dreads. If I let them congo I will only have about 10 or so left. Plus they start pulling funny and hurting between separations, and I've always hated people who say "beauty is pain."I only started them 10 days ago, and they're already getting crazy loopy and puffy. We're having a lot of rain this week and I'm already having some trouble getting them dry, I really don't know if I could manage bigger ones when they mature.
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
wrap the unruly ones in hemp starting at the top and crisscrossing all the way down the length of the dread. it should encourage them to tighten up and stop grabbing the other hair. just keep an eye on them because over time they will try to pull the hemp into the dread too.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form