Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Week 2 of my dreadlock journey. Maintenance advice please?

Chris Cabral
@chris-cabral
13 years ago
6 posts

Okay so I have extremely thin hair, these are 2 weeks old and if I must say so myself, they are looking pretty nice. (Better in person, phone cam sucks). I have only washed them twice and when I do they tend to fall out and come apart... a lot. I have taken ALL the wax out, luckily I only used it for 1 day and it wasn't a lot. Really all I want to know is how to keep them together while washing. Thank you!

updated by @chris-cabral: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
u sure its all out? but scrub just the scalp not the dreads or use the baing soda and dont touch it at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chris Cabral
@chris-cabral
13 years ago
6 posts

I'm almost positive it's out. Before when I touched them I could still feel the wax. After the second shower I've felt and seen no trace of it. I put very little to begin with.

When I wash I haven't scrubbed or really even touched the dreads. My hair is just so thin that a lot of the stray hairs just fall out once water touches them. I don't mean to be a bother with all the questions. Lol I just get anxious.

soaringeagle said:

u sure its all out? but scrub just the scalp not the dreads or use the baing soda and dont touch it at all
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

did u melt it in it gets into the core and thats where its imposible to wash out

dont worry biut them loosening or being fuzzy they just need time to dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chris Cabral
@chris-cabral
13 years ago
6 posts

It could be a possibility. I'll do all I can to make sure I get 100% of the wax out. I'm very very happy with my locks right now that I really do not want to start over, even though they're still very early.

Thank you very much for the advice though it's all very appreciated!

soaringeagle said:

did u melt it in it gets into the core and thats where its imposible to wash out

dont worry biut them loosening or being fuzzy they just need time to dread

Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
13 years ago
184 posts
The only thing that will help is time. My dreads are so loopy and I have lots of loose hair. Any sort of maintenance won't really help, just hindering the normal process of hair locking up.
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
Actually try washing your hair more often, like three times a week and when you rinse the shampoo out, shake your hair back and forth. Then once you get out, do the same. It just works i dont know why. Although if your hair is straight then give it a couple weeks maybe before you try that.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form