Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread Progression. Back to Front?

Sean
@sean
13 years ago
16 posts

Hey guys. I have a question about the progression of dreads. I started mine back in August and it's been an eventful ride lol. I'm happy with a lot of them now, but mostly in the back... the top.. and the top sides. the parts around my ears and face are on their way, but taking their time.

My question is... I see a lot of people (girls) that have dreads only in the back, and it seems like they purposely comb their fronts to look like nice undreaded hair. Is this because they wanted it like that? Or is this because maybe they just didnt want to wait for their fronts to dread? I guess what I'm asking is regardless of what I do, my fronts will get like my back?

On another note, i tried washing my hair with barsoap. It was irish spring. my fav soap... it felt great. is this bad? or not matter?

ty

updated by @sean: 02/03/18 12:47:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

bar soap wwill leave alotta residue just look at the ring around the tub after say 10 baths without clkeaning the tub now imagine that still in your dreads..

the front dreads slowest usualy it will get there but some girly girls comb the bangs for that cutsy look

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts

Irish spring..that is for dishes no? I myself wouldn't use that, as their are far more organic and natural choices of bar soaps if that is what you wish to use.

Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
13 years ago
283 posts
My front dreaded faster, and first then the sides and back.
Pranee RN
@pranee-rn
13 years ago
23 posts

When I do use a bar soap I use Kirt's Castile. It seems to rinse clean and doesn't leave my hair like Dr. Bronners does... I can feel a difference, maybe it's just me. SE, you're right about being cutesy! lol! I love that word!

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
they sell kirks on amazon. http://tinyurl.com/6zanrd5

fancyAmanda said:
Kirt's Castile... hmm, sounds interesting! I've use Dr. B's and while I like the soap, I still get the feeling that it's leaving something behind. Where can you buy Kirt's?

Pranee said:

When I do use a bar soap I use Kirt's Castile. It seems to rinse clean and doesn't leave my hair like Dr. Bronners does... I can feel a difference, maybe it's just me. SE, you're right about being cutesy! lol! I love that word!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form