Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread Gel

Dee Rasta
@dee-rasta
13 years ago
3 posts
I am a product called Stylin Dredz Mouldin' gel wax to start off my dreads. is anyone else using this product and should I continue using this? My dreads are 17 days old (started them for the new year). Once a week i head to the beach and have the sea water soak in the dreads and also every week i wash using dr bronners castile soap (peppermint), dry, and then use the gel wax to twist and set it in a cornrow for maintenance. was gonna continue this for a while till the dreads get a bit mature enough to wash easier without the locks getting undone and use the baking soda and ACV rinse and pick sum aloes and use that in my dreads. need some guidance.

jah guide
updated by @dee-rasta: 01/13/15 08:53:48PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no its a wax i ewould never ever put that in in fact id start extreme efforts to get that out! its a molding wax thats the oposite of anything you want

if your black u want moisture when dry thats all anything thick amd sticky that hardens is bad u also dont want to keep retwisting

wash all that ouit use shae or aloe ot jojoba as needed to moisturize..nothing at all to hold hold prevents dreading free of anything and they dread fast

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dee Rasta
@dee-rasta
13 years ago
3 posts
thanks. I originally was just gonna go with the natural dreading process, nothing but regular washing and let it form on its own. my hair is very curly and soft, I am mixed. can i use braggs ACV with "mothers" to rinse out all the wax? Also after this is done all I use after is the shae, or aloe or jojoba oil? Do you have any natural remedies for dry scalp? I got a severe case of this and would use Top Brass on my scalp to control it
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u can but some ppl strainthe mother out to prevent any possible residues i dunno tho

and teatree rosemary pepermint

probly rosemary most

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dee Rasta
@dee-rasta
13 years ago
3 posts
thanks SE. will be wash it out. what about heading to the Caribbean sea? will it affect the dreading process in anyway?

soaringeagle said:

u can but some ppl strainthe mother out to prevent any possible residues i dunno tho

and teatree rosemary pepermint

probly rosemary most

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form