Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Crochet recovery

taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
I am one of the unlucky people to have really fine really thin hair. My hair will never be as thick as the sections because of it. and i never crocheted. So it really depends on how much hair grows from the section. But yes thick hair or thin hair...crochet is so compacted that when it actually starts to loosen and dread, it will be thicker.
updated by @taye: 07/13/15 04:24:45AM
Katelyn
@katelyn
13 years ago
13 posts

I have crocheted dreads and I'm currently letting them go- no more hook!! I have tons and tons of hairs escaping at the roots, without crocheting then back in, will they eventually dread? what about the stray hairs that stick out of the dread will everything eventually dread up and do what it is supposed to?

They've fattened up quite a bit since I got them 3 months ago- almost to the size of the root base so I am pretty happy with that!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the hair will dread its what hair does it will have to be long enough u wiklk have more hair outside the dread then usual cause so many hairs were broken but eventualy that settles down however u will always have some ..the cleanner the hair the more u see but just ignore it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Katelyn
@katelyn
13 years ago
13 posts
thanks!
Homestar
@homestar
12 years ago
17 posts

Wow, I am so glad I found this thread....I am so unhappy with my crocheted dreads, they are so tight just from the one time I got them done, all I want is fat fluffy locks!! :,( I regret it so bad! They are only 4 months old though, I hope you all are right and they eventually fatten up to the root base size. I'm in this for the long haul!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they will just crochet recovery takes a long time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather3
@heather3
12 years ago
4 posts

They'll definitely fatten up. When I started my current set a year ago, they were pencil-thin. I've done pretty much zero maintenance on them since then (other than washing them, of course) and most of them have fattened up A LOT. Several of them are as like the size of my thumb. They'll shrink and kind of accordion on themselves (not sure how else to describe it) with age.

Out of curiosity, how old are your dreads?

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form