Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is it too late

Macrina
@macrina
14 years ago
41 posts
I put in seven dreads today using back coming and (gasp) wax. I am fairly pleased with them, plan on doing more later. But I am worried about this wax thing. I didn't know :( Should I wash them? Was one time OK as long as I don't put more in? Should I work on combing them out and start over (my mother spent 3 hours on these, she'll be so sad if we have to start over). But I don't want gross dreads and now I am not sure what products are OK (locking accelerant?) and how else I should get them nice and tight in a hurry. Help for a newbie?
updated by @macrina: 01/13/15 08:52:37PM
Rey Matsuzaki
@rey-matsuzaki
14 years ago
23 posts
wax is bad but if you don't want your mother to feel bad, then just don't wax anymore dreads. if your mother doesn't mind, then comb them out, wash the wax out, and start over
meg ☮
@meg
14 years ago
92 posts
In general, your hair won't get 'nice and tight in a hurry'. Dreads take a lot of time and a lot of patience. If you don't like the feel of wax in your hair or think it's gross, I would suggest getting it all out and not returning to it in the future. Wax is not necessary for dreading.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

wax is very very hard tto get out so i would comb em out dewax and then have her twist and rip its way easier faster and better

the acelerator is 2 cents wotyh of sea salt for 10 bucks all that crap is over priced garbagea ripoff just but 2 dollars worth of sea salt and make 385 times that much accelerator

if u choose to continure withiut combing out see the wax removal link in the menu

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i was gonna add do niot try to hurry enjoy the proceess if u hurry it u screw it up

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form