ACV is Apple cider vinegar

BeeMarley said:
what acv?

updated by @jake-holland: 07/23/15 05:15:03AM
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
7 years ago
203 posts
I put mine in my bs wash mainly because I only use a acv rinse once a month or so, and i need my oils or my head gets super itchy and bothers my face even for some reason.

charles hubert said:
umm ok ive been washing with bs/acv but do you guys put ur oils in the bs mix or acv mix just wondering im putin mine in my bs and is there any difference?
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
7 years ago
90 posts
why all that vodka??? :))

Knottysleeves said:

I don't usually add much oils to my baking soda wash... most of it gets rinsed away within minutes anyway.

I make dread sprays instead. Get a spray bottle, fill with water and a small splash of vodka, and add your oils. My standard "cooling" spray is about 15 drops of peppermint and 10 of rosemary, plus a bit of jojoba oil for conditioning. I keep it in the fridge and just spray it on whenever my scalp feels itchy or hot.

My "just for good smells" one is water + vodka + pure vanilla extract (the kind used for cooking). I spray it on the length of the dreads rather than the scalp.

Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
7 years ago
90 posts
doesnt matter, in one or other, or both...find your perfect combination by experimenting.. ;)

charles hubert said:
umm ok ive been washing with bs/acv but do you guys put ur oils in the bs mix or acv mix just wondering im putin mine in my bs and is there any difference?
BeeMarley
@beemarley
7 years ago
7 posts
I am only using tea tree oil and patchouli oil in my bs. so is it a a cup to a gallon of acv? and is it just acv and water in the second rinse? and is it good to do it more than just once a month?
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
7 years ago
90 posts
gallon? isnt it too much? my dreads are not too long but i use only 500ml bottles and thats enough for me. thats 1 tablespoon of bs to one and a splash of vinegar, dont know exactly...lets say u have a common 500ml bottle of coke so its 1cm of vinegar on the bottom, i use white vinegar, maybe u 'd need a tiny bit more of the apple one..than its about 15 drops of rosemary+10 drops tea tree to any of the 2... dont know about the patchuli thing...i do it every washing, thats about once a week, more often is no problem...

BeeMarley said:
I am only using tea tree oil and patchouli oil in my bs. so is it a a cup to a gallon of acv? and is it just acv and water in the second rinse? and is it good to do it more than just once a month?
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
6 years ago
203 posts

My recipe

3 cups of water

3tbsp BS

25 drop of rosemary

15 teatree

10 lavender

5-8 patchouli

Now before everyone starts telling me I am using too many oils, I had to experiment with my wash for about two months to find a combination that did what I wanted it to and took away my itchies. This is what I came up with and MY dreads love it.

BeeMarley
@beemarley
6 years ago
7 posts
Well I saw a recipe soaring eagle put up and I guess you could say I forgot he has super long dreads and his recipe called for a gallon. I probably should use less. Jake your recipe sounds super dank!
so would've i
@so-wouldve-i
6 years ago
71 posts
This is interesting, may I inquire as to why you use vodka?

Knottysleeves said:

I don't usually add much oils to my baking soda wash... most of it gets rinsed away within minutes anyway.

I make dread sprays instead. Get a spray bottle, fill with water and a small splash of vodka, and add your oils. My standard "cooling" spray is about 15 drops of peppermint and 10 of rosemary, plus a bit of jojoba oil for conditioning. I keep it in the fridge and just spray it on whenever my scalp feels itchy or hot.

My "just for good smells" one is water + vodka + pure vanilla extract (the kind used for cooking). I spray it on the length of the dreads rather than the scalp.

so would've i
@so-wouldve-i
6 years ago
71 posts
just read this now! neat.

Knottysleeves said:
It's a preservative and also helps diffuse the scent when it's sprayed. You only need a little vodka though, you can save the rest for drinking. ;-)

Mikey Mikez said:
why all that vodka??? :))

/ 3

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form