Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

BS/ACV combining? residue in oils?

Khristina
@khristina
14 years ago
22 posts

So wondering, when doing the BS/ACV, can we just combine them in a container? I do the BS wait some minutes, rinse well, then do the ACV, wait some minutes and rinse well again. I run out of things to do in the shower so was wondering, can we combine them?

Also, wondering about this whole residue thing.....don't oils still leave a residue? I know some people add oils like tea tree and such but wouldn't that still leave a residue?

updated by @khristina: 02/14/15 03:27:11AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

no u combine them they react and create a 3rd chem an acid they create heat and foam and u no longert have bs or acv

u never wanna combine em rince between

u use just drips of oils and its so lil its absorbed or rinses out if theres a residue its very lil and easy to eash out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Khristina
@khristina
14 years ago
22 posts

Okay, glad I didn't try that first : )

Still not so sure about the oil thing.....as much as I want to add oils, I'm scared........but I love the smell.

Khristina
@khristina
14 years ago
22 posts

soaringeagle said:

no u combine them they react and create a 3rd chem an acid they create heat and foam and u no longert have bs or acv

u use just drips of oils and its so lil its absorbed or rinses out if theres a residue its very lil and easy to eash out

Khristina
@khristina
14 years ago
22 posts

soaringeagle said:

P.S. thanks, your always so helpful...........glad to have you!!

Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts

hahaha! yeah, there is a reason for not combining it....

dont worry about 'residue', oils are natural and healthy, they dont stay in your hair forever.

i put 15 drops of rosemary and about 10 of tea tree into 500ml bottle of vinegar water....find your combination, you would probably feel if its too much or too little for u.... dont put too much, bud enough so u can feel it.... simple..

Khristina
@khristina
14 years ago
22 posts

: ) wasn't really in the mood to be blowing myself up naked in the shower

May I ask where you get your oils? anything special you look for or stay away from?

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Love this hunie, thanks!!!

Knottysleeves said:

I don't usually add much oils to my baking soda wash... most of it gets rinsed away within minutes anyway.

I make dread sprays instead. Get a spray bottle, fill with water and a small splash of vodka, and add your oils. My standard "cooling" spray is about 15 drops of peppermint and 10 of rosemary, plus a bit of jojoba oil for conditioning. I keep it in the and just spray it on whenever my scalp feels itchy or hot.

My "just for good smells" one is water + vodka + pure vanilla extract (the kind used for cooking). I spray it on the length of the dreads rather than the scalp.

BeeMarley
@beemarley
14 years ago
7 posts
what acv?
charles hubert
@charles-hubert
14 years ago
19 posts
umm ok ive been washing with bs/acv but do you guys put ur oils in the bs mix or acv mix just wondering im putin mine in my bs and is there any difference?
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form