Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

First wash.. seeking advice

Phillip DePriest
@phillip-depriest
14 years ago
2 posts
So i just washed for my first time, well kinda i just got some of that sea salt stuff and poured it over my head then i noticed it was really loose so i blew dry it off... should i retwist them or will they tighten on their own?
updated by @phillip-depriest: 12/13/18 07:45:51PM
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
Um..I cant tell real well by your pic are you bi-racial (nappy hair naturally) ? If so, stop with the sea salt. We dont need it and dries out hair worse. Secondly, if you dont have naturally nappy curly hair, you could have a hard time with twists staying in period, thats why they are mainly reccomended for african hair. As far as i know there is no definative time line for how long it takes a twist to legitimately lock up, though i can say at your length you have awhile to go, particularly if your hair isnt curly.
dreadlockedlady
@dreadlockedlady
14 years ago
39 posts
Sea salt stuff...???Leave the sea salt alone. Your hair doesn't need it nor does your hair need to be retwisted.Your hair will loc up in due time and twisting won't make it happen quicker.
Phillip DePriest
@phillip-depriest
14 years ago
2 posts
yes i am biracial.. and i am def having a hard time with them staying in on the back. so will they not tighten back up on themselves?
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
I have heard initially you should only twist your hair once maybe twice. After that let it do what it wants to do, and yes it will tighten up just give it time. Be very gentle when you wash em (massage fingertips on scalp gently)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form