Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The things other websites say..

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
So i happened upon this website, http://www.curlyhairsalon.com/dreadlock-maintenance.html and thought i would post something it mentioned concerning "freeform" locks."Your hair will grow, and your roots will need to be twisted. When there is enough growth to twist them, make sure that you twist each dreadlock in the same direction for dreadlock maintenance that gives your dreads the best look."This is the second website i found that states this, both of them seeming to cater to african/curly hair. This is news to me. Can anyone confirm if this is bogus or whether there is actually something to doing that?Thanks yall
updated by @thundersquall: 01/13/15 08:50:41PM
dreadlockedlady
@dreadlockedlady
14 years ago
39 posts
After reading it, I don't think they were referring specifically to freeform locs there.They mention freeform locs in the beginning of the article but the page itself was discussing dread maintenance. But sure, if you have african/curly hair and want to maintain by twisting then that is how you maintain them. Once you maintain by twisting, you are no longer freeform.The page has other bogus statements though for example:"More successful dreadlock wearers wash their hair every two weeks." which is BS and "Visit a loctition for annual dreadlock maintenance." LOL.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its bogusyou never need to twist dreadslocticians push it alot but its pointless

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
Yea No doubt that is why i posted cause it sounded sketchy. Not that im doing such methods anyways but thanks for the heads up. Gots to spread the truth.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form