Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Almost 5 Months. Few questions!

Sean
@sean
14 years ago
16 posts
Hey folks.It's been a trip since starting my locs back in August. I need a little information on some old questions and some new.In the past few months, there has been much locking. Pretty much everywhere EXCEPT the front my hairline and around my ears. I'm thinking this is due to my hair being up almost everyday because of work. I unload trucks and builds and all sorts of work that don't allow hair in my face.I really don't want to invest in something like a dreadsock. I don't have the money or desire. At night, my hair is left down, and whenever I'm not at work.I'm worried because the back has progressed so much, and the front pieces so little.What can I do? Will they eventually dread, just take super long? Will they never dread due to constantly being pulled back? I'm not allow to wear hats at work, otherwise I would've just taken that route. Is there a certain way i can pull it back but still allow those few dreads to lock? I REALLY don't want to backcomb them again, or rubberband them or anything. ALSO - A dread in the front is SUPER fat the tip and almost 6 strands of hair down the middle. I feel like its just gonna fall off =( whats this from? And how can I stop it?Also... I've read a few other posts about lint... I have yet to try the blacktea method. Are there any other ways to get rid of/hide lint?I recently stopped using baking soda, because I was going through it too quick. I read a post about Burt's Bee's Pomegranate and Soy. I've used the stuff twice now, and my hair gets ultra clean, soft, and puffy... so I'll stick with that for now.I'm really mainly concerned with my front pieces not locking. I'm well-aware that this will just simply take time. But i'd rather correct anything i need to now, rather than 6 months down the line.Anything is appreciated! TY!

updated by @sean: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Hi! it seems like you have a good amount of progress for a short amount of time! If you started in august wouldn't that be more like 3 months???? Either way i think they look great. Exactly where they should be at right now. I wouldn't recommend doing anything to them except washing & separating. The hairs around the ears are stubborn mine are comin up on 9 months soon and I still have loose hair around my ears. I've just accepted it. Many Blessings
Earth Child
@earth-child
14 years ago
35 posts
you know i habe a lock in the front of my hair that is the same as yours. its bigger on the end and supper skinny in the middle to root. what i did was just inter twine some of my loss hair up front into it and idk what makes it do that if its just the hair breaking or what im sure if u asked soaring eagle he would know exatly what caouseed it and how to fix it. as for progress around your ears. i have found mine are haveing a lil trouble too and i think it might have something to do w the oild becuasea behind your ears put out more oil than and you hari is aways rubbing on it. i found best way to help them out is to give behind your ears a good washing every day. as for the the back locking up faster than the front i think it may have something to do w sleeping on them. they get rubed more and also the oils on your face get on the front of your dreads more than the back. i dontk now if ne of this is right but its what iv noticed. as for not wanting to have them pulled back all the time cuz im the same way i get like a strechy head band and just pull them back out of my face. they are still free but out of the way and the mild friction helps w the root locking iv noticed. idk if all of this info is orthodox but it all works for me. happy dreading and good luck :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form