Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Congos and Splits: Sectioning issues?

Kyra Lou
@kyra-lou
14 years ago
17 posts
Wow!I'm about 3 weeks into this journey and already my hair is going crazy!!! I have a few baby dreads starting to seperate into tiny little dreadies, I mean TINY little ones. I have a couple on the back of my head that over night joined together from the roots to probably around an inch up and are starting to snake and loop like crazy. Idk if I want to seperate them or just let them go because this is really a fun process to watch... One of these days I will get the pix up as I've been taking them every Fri after starting this hair-did.Anyway, the point of this post is to inquire about all this action going on on my head: two questions.Is my hair rejecting the sectioning? Lol, I pretty much just sectioned by feel and then backcombed.Also, since then I've noticed there are strands (not just a few hairs but many) of hair jumping from one dread to another like halfway down the dreads... do I just rip them or cut them or let them be? I'm just worried I might end up with a real mess if I don't do anything with them. Bad sectioning... I recommend to all those interested in using a mirror when one does this step! :)
updated by @kyra-lou: 01/13/15 08:50:01PM
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
. I just pull those little hairs that join the dreads apart. It is a lot easier to keep them seperated now then to have to separate one big knot. If you want the little ones to eat each other to make thicker dreads ...just let those be.It sounds like your dreads are doing just what dreads are supposed to do....pictures always help :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i recomend u not section insstead stop combing 2 weeks let the hair section itself then either let it dread itself (best) or twist and rip the natural sectionsbut u should rip em apart unless u are sure u want em joined make sure the root section thats joined inst much over an inch thothe rest rip apart

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kyra Lou
@kyra-lou
14 years ago
17 posts
Thanks guys! I guess I just had no idea they could move this much this quickly. Lol, newbie mistake? I check them about once a week - so I guess only a few times so far - and up until now had nothing much going on. Now it's kinda' like... DAMN! Haha, slightly shocking. So yeah... I will let the first one I found joined at the roots grow together just because I want to see it happen! And the others I will go ahead and tear apart.@ SE: I haven't really done anything since I backcombed them in besides seperate them occasionally and I wash about every 2 or 3 days with BS/ACV with teatree and rosemary EO's and sea salt. Oh, and I put them up during the day. I'm not quite sure I get what you're saying... I already sectioned them but from the way they are splitting it's almost like they're rejecting how I sectioned them in the beginning. I will get pix up one of these days but they're small dreads to begin with and they're splitting to TINY little dreads. I kind of figure they'll just do what they want and it will work themselves out but I was just curious if this is how they reject the initial sectioning.Lol, and then all the hair getting eaten up out of one dread and into another like crazy all of the sudden kinda' threw me off! Once again though, much appreciation for the responses!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form