Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Roots?

Natty Dave
@natty-dave
14 years ago
56 posts
and this should be a good point, everything you have done, has not worked for you, i don't know why rubbing butter or lotion would help something dread up though, moisturizing and conditioning is not really needed unless your dreads are brittle or well established and mature. the best thing you can do, really is nothing.

kelley lea said:
all true. i "twisted and ripped" mine in rubber bands and had problems with 2 or 3 not knotting at the root. it was like a dread that just... stopped, kept getting further and further from my scalp. coulda been the method, but they just didn't knot. i originally crocheted those, quit that, rubbed em, and pretty much quit that. i work raw shae butter in the roots which probably helps. they're all knotting up there own way now.
Van Dorn
@van-dorn
14 years ago
2 posts
O.O Wow, people here are really helpful. I wasn't expecting such a response so fast. Usually when I post things on the internet I expect for it to go ignored or unnoticed for a few days before I get an unenthusiastic spattering of response. This is fantastic! And, point taken *nod* I shall endeavor to get over the funky feeling of having loose roots and do absolutely nothing. (I will admit to being kind of a tight-ass though. Starting dreads was probably more therapeutic than I anticipated. See this? They're already teaching me to stop trying to control everything.)Thanks guys.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they will do thatfrom the start i did nothing but seperarte and havent even done that in 3 yearstheres nothing like just letting themn go and do what they do

Van Dorn said:
O.O Wow, people here are really helpful. I wasn't expecting such a response so fast. Usually when I post things on the internet I expect for it to go ignored or unnoticed for a few days before I get an unenthusiastic spattering of response. This is fantastic! And, point taken *nod* I shall endeavor to get over the funky feeling of having loose roots and do absolutely nothing. (I will admit to being kind of a tight-ass though. Starting dreads was probably more therapeutic than I anticipated. See this? They're already teaching me to stop trying to control everything.)

Thanks guys.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Natty Dave
@natty-dave
14 years ago
56 posts
i think the doing nothing really is the hardest thing about dreads, because the majority of our lives Babylon tells us to brush our hair to be this that and the other and the styling and manicuring has been drilled into our heads some times from birth, so to let go of what we've always done is stressful.

Van Dorn said:
O.O Wow, people here are really helpful. I wasn't expecting such a response so fast. Usually when I post things on the internet I expect for it to go ignored or unnoticed for a few days before I get an unenthusiastic spattering of response. This is fantastic! And, point taken *nod* I shall endeavor to get over the funky feeling of having loose roots and do absolutely nothing. (I will admit to being kind of a tight-ass though. Starting dreads was probably more therapeutic than I anticipated. See this? They're already teaching me to stop trying to control everything.)

Thanks guys.
Fay Brotherhood
@fay-brotherhood
14 years ago
59 posts
Lol I'm not finding it stressful at all myself. Not having to tear a brush through the dreads that form in the night any more is well liberating I tell thee........ and it gives the big messy look i always craved but could never achieve due to my total failure to keep up with hair appointments....... :P
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i dont like stress i like to take it eznothings easier then doing nothingits as simple as simply existingive done less and less over the yearsbut i never did much5-10 minutes a month early on now 3-5 minutes a year(not counting washing)hows it stressful to forget all about it?to not worry a bit?its actualy more stressful to watch someone crocheting or palm rolling then it os to just not do it at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form