Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Keeping them dreads covered

Natty Dave
@natty-dave
14 years ago
56 posts
definitely get a tam of some sort, i have a basket hat from kb and i love it, i would imagine you could find something similar for much cheaper though.i bought a kit to learn to crochet for like 10 bucks, one of these days i'ma learn how to actually make something lol
updated by @natty-dave: 07/11/15 04:09:29AM
Pathargic
@patrick2
14 years ago
61 posts
Well, you could just use a pillowcase that doesn't have any lint on it. I don't tend to have a problem with lint in my hair. More so from putting on a shirt than actually sleeping at night. I put on a doo-rag(sp?) for about 2 weeks, but I just got tired of having the thing on(didn't prevent bedhead, and it didn't feel or seem as though it was doing anything productive. Plus, I'd frequently lose it). Just kind of said "screw it", slept without, and saw little difference in the morning. From then on out, I just slept normally. Oh, and if you're hair is breaking simply from sleeping overnight, that may be an indicator of some sort of problem... If you want to tie up your hair, I guess you could get a wool cap or something. I mean, you could just get a couple of socks and tie it back, really. Nothing too complicated.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
a do rags way too tighti never slept in anything ever i do get lint in mine..from contact with the groundnot near my head only near the endswearing something at noghts more psychologicalbackcombers fear then falling apart so wear a hat to protect em..it doesnt really help but gives them less to worry about

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
no i didnt back comb my hair or anything i actually decided to let it do its thing naturally, which i feel pretty good about. I dig the idea of using a satin pillow case think ill try that anything that can "help" keep the white linties out of my black hair. All good suggestions tho folks, thanks.
dreadlockedlady
@dreadlockedlady
14 years ago
39 posts
Definitely using a satin pillowcase will help with linties. Also, what you wear on a regular basis will play a role as well.I hate having my hair fall in my face at night when I sleep. Or worse yet, when my locs were longer with my first set I would constantly roll over on my hair and it was just uncomfortable for me.That dreadloc soc is great :)
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
i've heard a black tea rinse helps darken the lint that gets stuck in your hair and makes it less obvious.

Thundersquall said:
no i didnt back comb my hair or anything i actually decided to let it do its thing naturally, which i feel pretty good about. I dig the idea of using a satin pillow case think ill try that anything that can "help" keep the white linties out of my black hair. All good suggestions tho folks, thanks.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form