Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i need help with holes and limpiness in my dreads

Hippie Holly
@hippie-holly
14 years ago
6 posts
Please Please someone help me. My dreads are 4 months old. some of them if not all are limp and have holes in the body of the dreads and the are pretty lumpy and uneven but mine not worried about unevenness i can deal with that its the limpiness and holes i want good thick solid dreads please help me
updated by @hippie-holly: 02/14/15 03:13:12PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
how did u start and maintain them had u done interlocking latching anything like that
we need to know everything u did in order to know what caused it and wether or not anything (besides giving them time) will help
some things like interlocking and latch hooking do permenant harm and theres no way to fix em just let em go and hope for the best

but if thats not the cause then we can figure out how to help em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Hippie Holly
@hippie-holly
14 years ago
6 posts
well i started my dreads by backcombing and used that loose hair tool from dreadheadhq and a croughet hook i think i spelled that right i dont know what to do but they have been limpy and a few holes well there not really holes there just really loose spots in the body like they dont have knots since i had them i dont use wax or anything just sea salt water
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dont use any tools ever yikesall those do is break hairsand define limp? dreads shouldnt be hard or stiff they should be soft and flexxibleholes though well tools poke holes but if u mean bigger holes that can just be caused by looping that hasnt fully pulled in yet your at 4 months thats still young in fact barely the teen stage so its to be expectedcan u take pics and show what u mean...and throw away the damn toolsthey will just weaken the dreads..i hope u didnt use em much

--
Hippie Holly
@hippie-holly
14 years ago
6 posts
like i said they arent really holes just really loose spots these are the best pic i can take i dont have a good cam

soaringeagle said:
dont use any tools ever yikes
all those do is break hairs

and define limp? dreads shouldnt be hard or stiff they should be soft and flexxible
holes though well tools poke holes but if u mean bigger holes that can just be caused by looping that hasnt fully pulled in yet your at 4 months thats still young in fact barely the teen stage so its to be expected
can u take pics and show what u mean...

and throw away the damn tools
they will just weaken the dreads..i hope u didnt use em much
Hippie Holly
@hippie-holly
14 years ago
6 posts
i will upload more it take a long time to send them from my phone to the cumputer
Hippie Holly
@hippie-holly
14 years ago
6 posts
theres one more im going to post
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its normaljust needs lil time

--
Hippie Holly
@hippie-holly
14 years ago
6 posts
ok thank u so much i have one more ??? im wanting to dread my hubbys hair whats the best way

soaringeagle said:
its normal
just needs lil time
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
natural is ofcourse but whats his hair like

--
 / 2

Dislike 0