Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How to make dreadlocks thicker/fluffy?

John Mann
@john-mann
14 years ago
4 posts
Hi,Had dreadlocks for almost 9 years. Nothing wrong with them, very tidy and tight.I think they are a bit too tight. Do you guys have any suggestions how to make them more soft and thick? More like real afro dreadlocks. How do afro people maintain their locks? I use a residue shampoo twice a week, that's all I really ever do, nothing else.
updated by @john-mann: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
your page said u croached i bet that means crochetted you never want to crochet dreads that is youir problemthroew Way the hook but if u crochetted 9 years they are totaly destroyedok to recover from crochetthrow away the hookuse heavy conditioners to loosen them upjojoba oil aloe olive oil cocoaanythingwhy the hell would u crochet themsee you forced them to be "real neat tidy and tight" that was your doomyou ruined them forcing extreme tightnessforcing neatness breaking every hair in the dread in the meantimehow do africans maintain full dreads? they dont..they allow them to be naturally full thick and naturalu do nothingthats what u should have done from the start..nothing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
John Mann
@john-mann
14 years ago
4 posts
Sorry, I wrote a little sloppy. :)I crocheted them when I had them done... a fast way to get started. I haven't really done anything ever since except washing them twice a week with a residue free shampoo. So you could call them pretty much all natural.I suspect I really can't do anything to make them thicker and softer since it might be my hair type.For being Caucasian they look real good I think, it's just... who doesn't want dreadlocks like Bob Marley.I saw some thick nice dreadies here on the forum belonging to "Scarface". Them I like.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
bob marleeys were totaly naturaldont seperate them they join together in congos and get thickerwhere the hell did u hear of crocheting 9 years ago? i had never heard of anyone doing that before like 4 years ago or soits such a teribly bad thing to do to dreadsbut if u want em thicker just leave em alone and they will combinebut crochet also makes em 1/3 the thickness they should be but if u didnt maintain them they shoulda thickened up

--
John Mann
@john-mann
14 years ago
4 posts
Thanks for your replies.I backcombed 9 years ago, and then used a crochet to get all the loose hair into them. Maybe I invented the method... :PI don't want them to join into congos and get thicker that way. I want each and every one to get thicker. But I guess your hair type limits your dreads to what thickness they can get.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
crochet does that not hair typealso by backcombing u determined the section sizes instead of allowing them to section as the hair wantedhow often diid u crochert? just once or all the timeif u did invent it u should be punnishedits done a hell of alotta harm(not being mean here,,heehee)but if u did it more then once thats your whole problem

--
John Mann
@john-mann
14 years ago
4 posts
Just once to start them off. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok thats goodat least u didnt do itr like they do these days and keep doing it over and overi was wondering how they could have survived so long if u had..lol

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form