Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

blow drying

JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
i blow dry my dreads after i was them. that's cool right? it's not going to damage them in any way other than normal potential blow drying consequences, is it? just checking.
updated by @jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks: 01/13/15 08:48:40PM
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
and i only wash about every ten days or so, so i don't blow dry every other day or anything.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I know a few people that blow dry dreads for various reasons mold prevention & quicker drying etc... I think you should be ok.
Jackal
@jackal
14 years ago
132 posts
if anything all the hair blowing them around will make them form knots kind of like the wind. i dont know if the heat would change anything, but i did when mine were new for a few times and it was fine.
Jackal
@jackal
14 years ago
132 posts
all the air* seems the site still has the issues.. wont let me edit posts.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
if there already knotted up semi tight it will be fine but some people in the early stages have had trouble with the blow drying actually unknotting their progress.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I heard someone say they bought one of those hair salon blow driers at a garage sale and they are lovin it! Seems like if you were able to find one of those or something similar it would be great for people with baby dreads also. Of course if they are locked up pretty tight any ol hair dryer would be fine.
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
I have a cheap blow dryer and I use it to dry the outside of my cold wet dreads in winter. I haven't noticed any damage.
Lauren Bunn
@lauren-bunn
14 years ago
19 posts
i blow dry mine! and i wash more often than i should, is washing too often damageing?
Loleia
@loleia
14 years ago
16 posts
i blow dry as well, but if im in a real rush to go out i'll use my wet to dry straighter. and ive not had a single problem, my dreads are fully formed though.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form