Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

super clean dreads (safe for baby locks too)

Blair Joseph Ripperger
@blair-joseph-ripperger
13 years ago
23 posts

i heard that apple cider vinegar actually detangles ur hair is that true???

updated by @blair-joseph-ripperger: 07/03/15 07:12:39AM
Blair Joseph Ripperger
@blair-joseph-ripperger
13 years ago
23 posts

Umm, i heard that u shouldnt use apple cider vinegar on baby dreads. is that true?

Blair Joseph Ripperger
@blair-joseph-ripperger
13 years ago
23 posts

in our house we have white cookingwine, it is a beer so its residue free but i havent tried it yet.

Kristen said:

Haha how strange, I was just wondering if I could substitute white vinegar for acv. Is the cocoa butter necessary for this or will the white vinegar and oils work ok? I only ask as I have no money to purchase the extra ingredients with, and really want to do the rinse asap.

Also, the only oil I have is lavender, but I was wondering, if I made a super strength tea out of my dried herbs, and then drained it and added to the water,would that be cool?I vaguely remember rinsing my dreads with a herb tea that i'd made and leave to steep until it cooled. Felt lovely pouring it over my head, and smelt pretty nice too.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wine and vinager arent the same

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no u should but not as much or as klong if u dont your going to be too alkalkine and start to itch like crazy

Blair Joseph Ripperger said:

Umm, i heard that u shouldnt use apple cider vinegar on baby dreads. is that true?

--
Denise2
@denise2
13 years ago
9 posts

hi Soaring Eagle(: i have a couple of questions! can i use this every time i was my hair? do you use a whole gallon when you wash or just make the mixture in a container the size of a gallon? can you reuse the mixture if you make enough of it for the next time you wash your hair?(keep it in a bottle for next time?) does baking soda work okay in hard water? sorry! so many questions! ive only had my dreads for a week so im trying to figure out what i should use to wash my hair :P

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i do use a gallon (2 actualy/0) but i have dreads past my toes make what u use that time it biodegrades qiockly so kmake it then use it

u canj use it everytime

it works fine in hard water but alkaline water like england has it can be tri9cky to get it right

--
Denise2
@denise2
13 years ago
9 posts

ok thank you! my dreads are just at my shoulders so i dont think ill be using a full gallon or two. haha :P

soaring eagle said:

i do use a gallon (2 actualy/0) but i have dreads past my toes make what u use that time it biodegrades qiockly so kmake it then use it

u canj use it everytime

it works fine in hard water but alkaline water like england has it can be tri9cky to get it right

Blair Joseph Ripperger
@blair-joseph-ripperger
13 years ago
23 posts

so just keep the suff in my hair for bout 2 minutes instead of 4? it does wonders though.

soaring eagle said:

no u should but not as much or as klong if u dont your going to be too alkalkine and start to itch like crazy

Blair Joseph Ripperger said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u cabn rinse right away soak 3 min when mature

--

/ 20

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form