Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

super clean dreads (safe for baby locks too)

WereXiongMao
@werexiongmao
13 years ago
4 posts

It seems like that it was the general consensus on all these online hair care sites... but who knows how much of that is true...

According to one of them,

"ACV is an acid--over 100 times more acidic than your hair--and it needs to be respected as such. Acids can and will start to degrade your hair shaft with overuse, so you must be cautious and pay strict attention to your hair's reaction to frequent ACV rinse use."

I just figure I better err on the side of caution, since my dreads are still kind of young, rather than use too much at once and doirreparable damage.

soaring eagle said:

whererd u read not to do acv more thenm weekly i do it every time

just eaerly on u want it weak like u did very dilutred but u should do acv every time u do bs unless youir very oily by nature

updated by @werexiongmao: 07/27/15 06:46:50PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

Vinegar is an acidic liquid produced from the fermentation of ethanol in a process that yields its key ingredient, acetic acid (ethanoic acid). It also may come in a diluted form. The pH of table vinegar ranges from 2.4 to 3.4 [ 1 ] (higher if diluted). The acetic acid concentration typically ranges from 4% to 8% by volume for table vinegar [ 2 ] and up to 18% for pickling vinegar. Natural vinegars also contain small amounts of tartaric acid , citric acid , and other acids. Vinegar has been used since ancient times and is an important element in European , Asian , and other cuisines.

baking soda has a a pH of 8.1

8-3 5

5-5.5 is the proper ph for hair

so if you use baking soda you should use acv to set the ph back to 5-5.5

withoit it its too alkaline

now if u use acv only no baking soda then yes u can over use it

but the baking soda and acv are meant to be used together every time to maintain a 5-5.5 ph

but if your oily you maybe closer to 4 even 3

so skipping the acv till the hair adjusts towards 6 is good then start using it

u do wantr to use it every time if your not overly oily

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

oh, also thats undiluted values

waters 7.0

the 8.1 is probly closer to 7.5 in diluted baking soda

the diluted acv for the mix used for young dreads is probably 4.8 ..at a guess

either way they should ballance out into near proper range

--
Hans Criteanu
@hans-criteanu
13 years ago
32 posts

Why do all the essential oils have those handy dropper tops except tea tree!? I'm tired of it! Has anyone figured out a solution to this aside from a steady hand? They SUCK to try to count drops out of until they're almost half depleted, because the oil has to dribble all the way down the side of the bottle and drip off the bottom. Aside from being inconvenient, this creates a margin of error AND is wasteful! I know I'm not the only one who's dealt with this! Come on people, I've reached my breaking point!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

if its really essential oil it should have that dropper top

unless you bought in like a bulk type thing but essential oils should come in a dark collored bottle with a dropper top

if yours didnt switch suppliers

the moutain rose link on the left down a bit is the 1 i recomend

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

this makes no sense

nutral 7.0

hair 5.0 to 5.5

acv 3,1

the scake ends at 0

hydrocloric acid even the strongest acid there is cant be 100 times more acidic then hair

acv is twice as acidic as hair

baking soda is 4 times as alkaline

do the math

u use both your right where u want to be

WereXiongMao said:

It seems like that it was the general consensus on all these online hair care sites... but who knows how much of that is true...

According to one of them,

"ACV is an acid--over 100 times more acidic than your hair--and it needs to be respected as such. Acids can and will start to degrade your hair shaft with overuse, so you must be cautious and pay strict attention to your hair's reaction to frequent ACV rinse use."

I just figure I better err on the side of caution, since my dreads are still kind of young, rather than use too much at once and doirreparable damage.

soaring eagle said:

whererd u read not to do acv more thenm weekly i do it every time

just eaerly on u want it weak like u did very dilutred but u should do acv every time u do bs unless youir very oily by nature

--
Lisa Gallo
@lisa-gallo
13 years ago
1 posts

Thank you for this!Today is the first day of my dread journey. Can't want to wake up and check out my hair in the AM! :D

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

how did u strart? or are u goin natural

--
Christopher Lott
@christopher-lott
13 years ago
8 posts

Ive done the BS/ACV rinse like 3 times now. Is it bad that I have not got off my butt to go and get the essential oils to add in with em? Is it necessary? Just curious.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

only nesacary if its nesacary

do you itch do you have dandruff

id advise the teatree at least since it prevents bugs

but the oils are a medicinal treatment fopr donditions

if you dont have the conditions u dont need the oils

but some are preventative too

--