Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Lauren Bunn
@lauren-bunn
14 years ago
19 posts
my hair is dreading at the roots and everything! the only problem is that the ends arent being sucked into the dread, and now it just looks like dreads with tails.idk what to do, im not too bothered because time may be all it needs, but any advice would be appreciated.Bless
updated by @lauren-bunn: 01/13/15 08:48:27PM
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
i love the dreads with tails! :D people recommend pulling them in with crochet, which is definitely not supported here, but its an option...another option is to cut the ends, if u mean those mouse tails...t'n'r it properly and cut the end... an option...me, i like it, it looks cooler than those fabricated 'rounded' ends of 'made' dreads... ;)
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
Mine were like that for a while. It kinda bothered me because I thought the ends would never bunch up or loop or anything. But then, it all started sucking in all at once, and I got shrinkage. Check out my timeline if you want to see what happened. It is funny cuz the dread is like this ZXZX~~~ with the XZ being tangled parts, then it went like this ZXZ~8~ with some loops then ZXZXZX). That is the extent of my ascii artistic rendition of what happened. My timeline is a better reference LOL.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its best if they dont get sucked in those 'tails' will act like whickjs and draw out water so they dry 5 times faster then if the ends were blunttheres nothing to do they are better off that way

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
sometimes they just get sucked in though. I wanted wispy ends, but my hair wanted otherwise. I think wispy ends are more feminine, and I like the way they look, but my hair had other plans and ate up all my ends. There was one point when I thought I'd get the better of it and conditioned the end of one to try to brush out the end, but it didn't work. Sometimes they just do what they want.If your hair is super loopy and it's fat all up until where these "tails" start it will probably gobble up a large bit of them, that's what mine did.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
A number of mine have done this as well... I have some dreads that have looped into themselves over and over, until my hair looks like a chinese good luck charm... Photobucket ^ Like that!! I stopped fighting it... I figure, it'd probably be a pain to comb out anyhow, and it adds a new facet to my dreads own brand of uniqueness.

tatyananashi said:
sometimes they just get sucked in though. I wanted wispy ends, but my hair wanted otherwise. I think wispy ends are more feminine, and I like the way they look, but my hair had other plans and ate up all my ends. There was one point when I thought I'd get the better of it and conditioned the end of one to try to brush out the end, but it didn't work. Sometimes they just do what they want.
If your hair is super loopy and it's fat all up until where these "tails" start it will probably gobble up a large bit of them, that's what mine did.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form