Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Struggling with loose hair...

Heather B
@heather-b
14 years ago
53 posts
I know I know, just leave it, right? I'll always have loose hair. I get that. I don't know, I seem to be getting slightly discouraged because I've stopped all forms of maintenance for probably a good month to a month and a half and it seems like they are coming undone or something...? I've got a lot of bumps and wiggles that I really dig now, but the loose hairs continue to grow...I mean, there are TONS of loose ones, I'm wondering how to get them tied into where they need to go? Do I need to figure out some way to bring them together into one skinny dread? Do I try to add them to a dread with a bead? I just don't know...maybe I just need some encouragement and some reminders that it is what is! :DDon't get me wrong...it's unbelievable how fun this journey is and how much more I love my dreadies on a daily basis, just wanna know how all of you get through the more "difficult" times?Thanks
updated by @heather-b: 01/13/15 08:48:24PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its been a monthhow long are they?give it 2 more months and they wuill dreadu dont gotta do a thing they dread on theyre own but new ones will take theyre place1 month wont do much tho..watch what they do over a full years time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
hey :)I see on your page that you did some crochet (not much but some) i had mine made by crochet and a needle has not been near them since and im on month five 'recovery' i think...there was a LOT of unravelling but your hair needs to go where it wants to go...there will be fuzz and bumps and loose hair.i was paranoid what people would think and always wore a hat but one night i was dancin away with my hat off and i got more compliments that one night than the previous 2-3months combined :) a friend actually asked me how i had so LITTLE loose hair (she previously had dreads)the pics on your page show really lovely dreads...i wouldnt worry if i were you :)Karen
Heather B
@heather-b
14 years ago
53 posts
Thank you so much for all your help and advice...I really just needed the encouragement! I really do love love love my dreadies, I'm just not so good at the patience part! Ha! but I know it's about the journey and not about the destination.Thanks again! :D
Tom Twedd
@tom-twedd
14 years ago
28 posts
Loose hairs are beautiful, I've only started dreading quite recently but when i wake up the morning and i see all the frizz and loose hairs, i just love it. The bumpy loopy dreads are amazing, and i cant wait till that stage! But dreading is a journey, like life. Think of those loose hairs like three year olds, messy, clumsy but loved :)The loose hairs will be fine, hell, dreads eat each other, so a bit of loose hair will be swallowed up in no time, make the most of it, and remember that these loose hairs are progress!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form