Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sea Salt for tightening?

Z Amandalia
@z-amandalia
14 years ago
3 posts
Hello everyone! I'm a newbie to the site, and to my dreads which are only two weeks old. I was doing some research on tightening and maintaining beautiful locks, when I came across this tip:"salt water. go buy some sea salt *not table salt, SEA salt* and add 1/4 cup to every 2 cups warm water. keep it in a spray bottle and spray them down with it every time you wash your hair and before every time you roll it. it helps to dissolve the salt if the water is warm, but its not necessary. i dont know why people think they need all kinds of special products for dreads, they've been wearing them for hundreds of years without products, so why now do we need them? salt water in a spray bottle will do the job of tightening up your dreads by giving the hair more grip so it locks up tighter. easy easy easy. just shake up the bottle for a bit before each use and your dreads will be on track in no time."The quote above was a response a hairstylist, who had dreads for a while, made about natural tightening agents.Has anyone used the method above, and does it actually work?Thanks you!!
updated by @z-amandalia: 01/13/15 08:48:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
way way way too salty u want a tablespoon per every 2-3 cups

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and yea it works its not nesacary though and it doesnt give them more Grip: it dries them outr so they dread fasterhowever why does she mention rolling when rolling does nothing at alland u should use it a couple hours b4 u wash then wash it out it can be very iritating to the scalpand god if u use it as strong as she recomends it will eat holes in your head burn the hell outta youir hair and build up like crazy water cannot dissolve thatr much salt..periodsu want it the same salinity of the ocean 0.05%so in your average spray bottle 1 tablespoon in about 3 cups water

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Z Amandalia
@z-amandalia
14 years ago
3 posts
Cool! Thanks for the information and advice soaringeagle!
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
I used salt water at some point, but found it was much too irritating on my scalp. So for a while I was using aloe vera juice instead... helped a bit, but really, I found it best to just leave them be and stick with my tams and regular washes.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form